• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Believers

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
to know is not to believe. they are not synonyms.

why then do you ignore the law? why then knowing that god is love and the potential for love is in all, do you transgress the law?

why do you not know god and continue to believe? when will the rage, storm in you subside?

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
why then do you ignore the law? why then knowing that god is love and the potential for love is in all, do you transgress the law?

why do you not know god and continue to believe? when will the rage, storm in you subside?
Because as humans, we have a tendency to forget.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Because as humans, we have a tendency to forget.

and this is how we know that we are in love and love is in us, God.

We are of Love/God: he that knoweth Love/God heareth us; he that is not of Love/God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
We are of Love/God: he that knoweth Love/God heareth us; he that is not of Love/God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Looks like I should spend sometime with the Gospel of John :)

74x12

to know is not to believe. they are not synonyms.

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
I received the holy Spirit at 11 years old and I felt love for everyone I saw. God is love is not an empty platitude or just a way to goad people into loving each other. It's a factual statement. People who know God; know what I mean.