• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ loves lepers

Spiderman

Veteran Member
download (16).jpeg

In the time of Christ, a Pharisee felt clean and a leper felt dirty. Only the leper was the one who got healed, and the Pharisee just got a rebuke.

As a follower of Jesus, it seems being filthy and wounded is what draws Christ to us. He even said, "it is only the sick who need a Doctor. Those who are well have no need of me...I have come not for the righteous but to call sinners..."

Is Christ drawn to our filth and wounds?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
View attachment 35250
In the time of Christ, a Pharisee felt clean and a leper felt dirty. Only the leper was the one who got healed, and the Pharisee just got a rebuke.

As a follower of Jesus, it seems being filthy and wounded is what draws Christ to us. He even said, "it is only the sick who need a Doctor. Those who are well have no need of me...I have come not for the righteous but to call sinners..."

Is Christ drawn to our filth and wounds?
Yes

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I thought the idea was Christ loved everyone

Except _____ and except _____ and except _____ and...

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

I reckon if Christ were nearly anywhere as amazing as some people claimed, he would've had a pretty strong immune system; so he would've had no self health concerns about being around folks like lepers inflicted with contagious diseases.

Last edited:

dianaiad

I believe He does.

Think on this: A well trained physician might 'love everyone,' but he TREATS the ill....and plays golf with the healthy.

So Christ, I believe, offers each of us what we need. and what we can accept.

It would be silly to cure someone of leprosy...if that someone isn't a leper.