• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ According To The Mormons

jonny

I would interested in knowing where you got your bogus information from.
I have thus far been unable to find any legitimate source that makes the same claim you do in the above quoted nonsense.

Me too. I don't think there was a single factual piece of information in that entire post.

FFH

Veteran Member
On the contrary, it is written (2 Nephi 26:33) For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.
Wow, another great post.

Would frubal you, but already have once today, and the system won't let me do it again, of course.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Instead, it appears you've posted a long list of inaccuracies that, when called on, you are able to provide a sufficient rebuttal.
Thus making me agree with Overstanding that it is a big joke.

Perhaps we can get this thread moved to to the appropriate joke forum...

FFH

Veteran Member
1. No

2. The book of Mormon includes an account of the Lamanites who make war upon the Nephites at a time when the Nephites are more obedient to God (this situation actually reverses in the late books of the BoM). So God darkens the skin of the Lamanites to make them unappealing to the Nephites, lest they co-mingle, the Nephites die out, and the land be filled with wickedness.
Wow, maybe we should let you answer all the LDS questions.

I couldn't have written a better answer. You must have some sort of LDS background or just one of the few who have actually read the Book of Mormon.

Aside from the fact that you incorrectly called the Book of Mormon the mormon bible, I would say this is the best comment you have made. I would encourage anyone who wants to know what the Book of Mormon says, to read it from cover to cover and come to their own conclusions. My church will send you one for free or you can pick one up at the book store. Or you can contact a missionary to get one. Or, if you go to lds.org, all of the LDS scriptures, including the Book or Mormon and the KJV Bible, are online. You can do word searches for the scriptures online too.

Revelation 22 ; 18 - 19

Francine

I couldn't have written a better answer. You must have some sort of LDS background or just one of the few who have actually read the Book of Mormon.

As I indicated in some of my earliest posts on this forum, we welcomed some missionaries to our home a number of months ago. They left a BoM on their second visit, and I read the entire thing in two weeks, and there has been extensive follow-up study. Since the LDS Church has seen fit to fellowship with me in real life, I thought I could complement this with online study, but I was disqualified from posting in the LDS DIR, and there has been further stumbling today in the Debate section. I will have to ask my Father in heaven what to do now, by taking advantage of the close relationship I have with him in prayer.

McBell

Revelation 22 ; 18 - 19
lol.gif

rofl.gif

You are going to have to do much better than that.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
As I indicated in some of my earliest posts on this forum, we welcomed some missionaries to our home a number of months ago. They left a BoM on their second visit, and I read the entire thing in two weeks, and there has been extensive follow-up study. Since the LDS Church has seen fit to fellowship with me in real life, I thought I could complement this with online study, but I was disqualified from posting in the LDS DIR, and there has been further stumbling today in the Debate section. I will have to ask my Father in heaven what to do now, by taking advantage of the close relationship I have with him in prayer.
You weren't "disqualified" from posting in the LDS DIR. Anyone may post a question in the DIR forum of a faith other than their own. They just aren't permitted to offer alternative points of view to those expressed by the adherents of the faith. You're new here, and didn't know. Now you do. You didn't "stumble" further in the debate section. It's impossible to stumble there. Everyone has his own opinion and is encouraged to express it. I think you're over-reacting.

OverStanding, I was really looking forward to your post, but you've let me down. I thought I would finally have the opportunity to overstand Mormonism. Instead, it appears you've posted a long list of inaccuracies that, when called on, you are able to provide a sufficient rebuttal.

That because you like the mormon were looking for me to feed you ego / tell you want you wanted to hear . but hey it to be expected ... birds of fether you know .

lunamoth

Will to love
You weren't "disqualified" from posting in the LDS DIR. Anyone may post a question in the DIR forum of a faith other than their own. They just aren't permitted to offer alternative points of view to those expressed by the adherents of the faith. You're new here, and didn't know. Now you do. You didn't "stumble" further in the debate section. It's impossible to stumble there. Everyone has his own opinion and is encouraged to express it. I think you're over-reacting.

Yeah, somehow we need to have a "religious discussion that includes criticism/controversy/debate but is not a free-for-all" kind of section somewhere on the forum.

McBell

That because you like the mormon were looking for me to feed you ego / tell you want you wanted to hear . but hey it to be expected ... birds of fether you know .
Seems to me that you have been called out and are now merely going to troll the rest of the thread.

Sad that you offer nothing in reply to the rebuttals of your OP.
Even sadder still that you feel the need to troll your own thread.

Francine

Yeah, somehow we need to have a "religious discussion that includes criticism/controversy/debate but is not a free-for-all" kind of section somewhere on the forum.

Unfortunately I chose to begin my reign of terror here on RF by hitting all the active posts that came up, rather than dropping down from the home page by organized sections. I got one of my posts zapped from the Islam section too, but it wasn't quite as traumatizing.

McBell

Oreally now it up to you and the other to disprove the post those who don't accept it that is . So you can try to flip it all you wish . lolololol
If it makes you feel better, by all means make all the assumptions you want.
Fact is that your not going to get anywhere with that revelations 22:18-19 line because it does not apply.

But by all means, do not let the facts get in the way of your little rant here.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I agree -- in theory, but I think it would be awfully difficult knowing where to draw the line between what's acceptable and what isn't. In my experience, many of the questions that are asked in the LDS DIR forum, for instance, are asked with another, more controversial question in mind. In other words, the innocent question, "Do you believe... [such and such]?" often ultimately leads to "Ah ha! Now the truth comes out!" But that's okay. I've learned over the years that it's generally a good thing to provide a certain degree of latitude for people who are looking for answers, even if they already have their minds made up. Even if the people asking the questions don't always learn from the answers, someone else might. I personally enjoy getting challenging questions, even those where there's a hint of criticism lurking in the background. For me, RF would be terribly dull if nobody ever questioned my judgment.

lunamoth

Will to love
I agree -- in theory, but I think it would be awfully difficult knowing where to draw the line between what's acceptable and what isn't. In my experience, many of the questions that are asked in the LDS DIR forum, for instance, are asked with another, more controversial question in mind. In other words, the innocent question, "Do you believe... [such and such]?" often ultimately leads to "Ah ha! Now the truth comes out!" But that's okay. I've learned over the years that it's generally a good thing to provide a certain degree of latitude for people who are looking for answers, even if they already have their minds made up. Even if the people asking the questions don't always learn from the answers, someone else might. I personally enjoy getting challenging questions, even those where there's a hint of criticism lurking in the background.
You know Katz, I totally agree with you. I think the DIRs could stand a bit more back and forth than they do. I've been zapped myself in the DIRs on more than one occasion (and you know how controversial I am :D) so I just stay out of them for the most part, except Christian and Anglican. But, I can see how they serve some purpse they way they are now.