• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chrislam? .... Can this work?

no-body

Christians completely kill it with the whole Human being a God who came to earth and sacrificed himself for all their sins and all the trinity stuff. Islam, straightforward and too the point; 1 God, Messengers of God.

That's the two parts that Christians/Muslims differ. I believe Good Christians end up reverting to Islam anyways.

But, good news folks. When Jesus(pbuh) returns, the Christians/Muslims will become one, not sure about the Jews though.

What about Unitarian Christians who have similar beliefs on God and Jesus but don't accept the Quran or the prophet Mohammed?

nocturnalavalonian

Seeker of Knowledge
In my local Unitarian church we have Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims in the congregation, retaining their own faiths but worshipping together and living by the same basic principles, but I think that's about as close as you could get to a combined faith really. There are still quite a few differences among us there, but these are mostly minor and we generally accept each other since we're all at the very liberal end of our faiths anyway. Probably not for the mainstream folks though. The main thing that unites Unitarians is our shared dislike of all the dogmatism of our own particular religions, but we prefer to retain our own religious identities for cultural purposes, and so on.

Last edited:

khanyy

Well Considering Islam in the Quran states to be a natural continuation of previous Abrahamic (inc Noah) religions it already is sort of.

Maybe some of the earlier Christian sects like Arianism would have fit in with Islamic theology. There is, however, a fringe group called the Ahmadiyya who believe that Christ was crucified.

There would have to be some theological compromises which would destroy the integral character of both religions.

Mixing of christianity and Islam......Chrislam.... the perfect worlreligion.
Will the world survive it........:no::yes::eek:
Now The End Begins « End Times Bible Prophecy

Well, if chritianity you mean teching of the Prophet Eisa alisalam (Jesus) then , you might know that the basis teachings of all the Prophets is same, so how and why you need to merge the same teaching.

The difference you see now a days is created by people by their own, fighting for thier own moral benefits and politicals reasons.

Quran says in SURAH 3
84: Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes,and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from theirLord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allahdo we bow our will (in Islam)."

Villager

Mixing of christianity and Islam.
Christianity is founded upon the death of Jesus on the cross. Without that, there is no christ, no Christianity.

Islam says that Jesus did not die. So what is the hybrid version of the event to be?

GabrielWithoutWings

It depends on how far you go from mainstream beliefs.

I second the notion that Sufism and/or Shi'a Islam might be able to mesh with Gnosticism, Arianism, or Unitarianism.

If you're going purist Nicene Creed / Pure Monotheism Islam, probably not.

Then again, if you just manage to treat each other with kindness and respect, you might get an honorable mention from both.

GabrielWithoutWings

Christianity is founded upon the death of Jesus on the cross. Without that, there is no christ, no Christianity.

Islam says that Jesus did not die. So what is the hybrid version of the event to be?

Western Christianity is founded on the death of Jesus on the Cross.

Eastern Christianity is more founded upon his Transfiguration.

Villager

Because it represents the pinnacle of what humanity can achieve.
So Jesus was merely human. Islam certainly agrees with that. In fact, Islam may be said to be the logical conclusion of Eastern Orthodoxy. Perhaps Hinduism is the logical conclusion of Islam. There may be a geographic dynamic here.

GabrielWithoutWings

So Jesus was merely human. Islam certainly agrees with that. In fact, Islam may be said to be the logical conclusion of Eastern Orthodoxy. Perhaps Hinduism is the logical conclusion of Islam. There may be a geographic dynamic here.

That isn't what I said. I said that his Transfiguration represents the pinnacle of what humanity can achieve.

Eastern Orthodoxy holds that Christ is 100% God, 100% man. The Logos embodied.

Villager

That isn't what I said. I said that his Transfiguration represents the pinnacle of what humanity can achieve.
But if Jesus was God, humanity achieved nothing at all. So whence comes 'theosis', so-called?

Transfiguration is a piece of cake for the one who put the Hubble photos on your monitor. But for you and for me, it's far more difficult a task.

If Eastern Orthodoxy believes that transfiguration is the means of salvation, it is humanist, optimistically so, and certainly not Christian. The word 'Christian' has a particular, technical theological meaning, and cannot be applied loosely, particularly on the basis of a New Testament incident that the NT never refers to as part of christhood. It's rather like claiming to be a doctor because one wears a white coat.

GabrielWithoutWings

But if Jesus was God, humanity achieved nothing at all. So whence comes 'theosis', so-called?

Transfiguration is a piece of cake for the one who put the Hubble photos on your monitor. But for you and for me, it's far more difficult a task.

If Eastern Orthodoxy believes that transfiguration is the means of salvation, it is humanist, optimistically so, and certainly not Christian. The word 'Christian' has a particular, technical theological meaning, and cannot be applied loosely, particularly on the basis of a New Testament incident that the NT never refers to as part of christhood. It's rather like claiming to be a doctor because one wears a white coat.

Jesus Christ is 100% man and 100% God.

This is standard post-Nicene theology. The Catholic, Orthodox, and most Protestant churches believe this.

Villager

Jesus Christ is 100% man
He was.

100% God.
Jesus Christ is, and was, 100% God. So it is fanciful in the extreme to suppose that a mere mortal, of whom God said, "Dust you are, to dust you will return," can effectively transfigure himself. If humanity is to be 'transfigured', glorified on the last day, it must first take the narrow path that leads to life, that begins with the cross of Christ.

'I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.' 1 Co 2:2-3

Crucified, not transfigured. Transfiguration is mentioned only once in the NT letters, and that in order to demonstrate that Jesus was not merely human- the precise opposite of the argument presented here.

Muslims say that the crucifixion was null and void- and Eastern Orthodox agree, though less openly. Eastern Orthodoxy and Islam also agree that, by effort- fasting, prayer etc.- one can reach a state of acceptance by deity. Christianity says that this is very far from reality. It says that acceptance of the offence of the cross is essential for a new nature to be born, and good works done without that total conversion of the will are no better than whitewash.

So yes, Eastern Orthodoxy and Islam could easily merge- but they will not, because each would lose more than it would gain. Muslims would not accept even the nominality of the Christianity of the EO, because it would seem like a basic theological concession, to the average person, who understands very little, and barely wishes to understand what little is understood. EOs in Mediterranean countries would think they would taint themselves by association with 'infidels', few of them aware that they hold similar beliefs.

Last edited:

GabrielWithoutWings

I can see that you're going to continue not reading my posts and attempting to advance polemical nonsense, so I'm just going to bow out of this since this a DIR and it's off-topic.