• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chovihani

Master Vigil

For a couple years I have been having dreams of being a gypsy. I never took it seriously until just recently. It seemed to hit home when I started reading about the romani folklore and history. My mothers maiden name is Carrozza, which in Italian means carriage. My family is hard to trace back before my great great great grandfather, almost as though it doesn't exist. I know that gypsy relationships with non gypsies were very much discouraged back then, and it could be that it is the reason for the sudden stop of trace. Perhaps a gypsy married into my family. I do not claim to be gypsy, but it could be possible that I have gypsy blood. It makes sense with my abilities and stuff, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about gypsies and gypsy shamans. Or anything about gyspies in Italy.

Master Vigil

I did more research and found a book written in italian called Gypsy, from the time of the Carrozzonis. Of course that is the english translation of the title. But then I researched more about the Carrozzonis and found out they were carriage makers back in old italy. And they were a gypsy family, or atleast were very well attached to the gypsies. And since names change through the years, it could be so that the Carrozzonis turned into the Carrozzas. Hmmm... Time to visit italy and research more. If only I had the money.

Damori

Capricornus Bifrons
That is very interesting, Vigil, keep at it. Every chance a person has at discovering their ancestry should be taken, in my opinion.

Master Vigil

I wish I could. right now, my money is being saved up for Korea. The 10 International Tang Soo Do world championship is gonna be held there in 2008. Thats where my money is going now. But for the present, my grandparents, the spirits, and my dreams will be my study. Thanks for the support.