• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China Fakes Everything, part 14

It's well know that China is a land of "fake" stuff, and cheap knockoffs but the ability to fake stuff goes even further than we actually thought.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I often buy products from China and get good deals, amazing quality, brilliant service and excellent communication. My most recent purchase was an electric bike which arrived last Friday. It cost £469 through PayPal and an exactly similar bike at a local shop sells for £1969.
I would love to buy from local business and retail but prices, service and a availability is often very poor.
I'm waiting for the screams!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I often buy products from China and get good deals, amazing quality, brilliant service and excellent communication. My most recent purchase was an electric bike which arrived last Friday. It cost £469 through PayPal and an exactly similar bike at a local shop sells for £1969.
I would love to buy from local business and retail but prices, service and a availability is often very poor.
I'm waiting for the screams!
I rarely find anything that's actually decent or good quality with that super cheap junk. I think this says a lot here, the one being a real Cult Cuties from Nemesis Now, the other a fake that looks (and feels) like it was bought at Dollar Tree.
It's not all bad, some things I enjoy having and some things work very well (like my shoe lace clips), but something like an electric bike that cheap I'm too scared it would break when it's really gonna hurt.
IMG_20240510_231902.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I rarely find anything that's actually decent or good quality with that super cheap junk.
The bike is amazing, and China is way ahead on battery, EV and green energy production.
The West is buying Chinese EVs and batteries all around.

Audie

Veteran Member

It's well know that China is a land of "fake" stuff, and cheap knockoffs but the ability to fake stuff goes even further than we
Terrif vid and thread, titled with an obvious lie.

Like the stupid things that westerner shills put un vids against the usa.

There's poor quality / cheap products that Westerners buy,
to fill our banks and your dumps. Stores sell them either
knowingly or negligently.

So whose prob is that?

Meantime actual life here in China is little to nothing like
the fantasies of ignorant westerners. Esp those
with some anti Chinese agenda.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The bike is amazing, and China is way ahead on battery, EV and green energy production.
The West is buying Chinese EVs and batteries all around.
It shows....

Audie

Veteran Member
It shows....

What shows is that purpose driven
anti Chinese propaganda works on dim brains

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Audie

Veteran Member

Audie

Veteran Member
My south Korean daughter in law hates anything Chinese. And Japanese for that matter. She says the smog that often envelopes her country is from China. And maybe it is, who knows? Air pollution in South Korea - Wikipedia
I grew up hating Japanese.

What they did to my family was unspeakable..

But at uni in NYC I met Andrade beasties with a lady
from Tokyo, whose grandfather was stationed in China.

Since then I've spent weeks in Japan.

Too bad for anyone to harbour hatred.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I grew up hating Japanese.

What they did to my family was unspeakable..

But at uni in NYC I met Andrade beasties with a lady
from Tokyo, whose grandfather was stationed in China.

Since then I've spent weeks in Japan.

Too bad for anyone to harbour hatred.

Hey, I used to live in Japan!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

I was a military brat. Then as a military wife I got to live in and travel throughout Europe. Loved them both! I just got back from Seoul, by the way. Second time I have been there.

Audie

Veteran Member
@Audie, what's wrong with this article?
I dont really want to study specifics*, my comment
was just about the stream of invidious propaganda
that does nobody good.

*long demanding day, it's late, I'm tired

Audie

Veteran Member
I was a military brat. Then as a military wife I got to live in and travel throughout Europe. Loved them both! I just got back from Seoul, by the way. Second time I have been there.

Korea is a wonderful place.

I'm way better received being from HK
than from anywhere mainland.