• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chile law removes statute of limitations on child sex abuse cases

Sounds good with me. There should be more laws in place too ~ such as no open public announcement, unless there is some sort of initial concrete evidence ~ with the amount of the time being passed as irrelevant.

It’s a sick world to begin with ~ some people capable of doing those things, along with some people capable of lying about those things. Lives ruined from it happening to children, lives ruined from false accusations. Probably a lot of guilty walking free if they have the loot.

Do you think that this would make any difference ~ seeing that the longer the time passes, the less likely there will be any evidence?

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Sounds good with me. There should be more laws in place too ~ such as no open public announcement, unless there is some sort of initial concrete evidence ~ with the amount of the time being passed as irrelevant.

It’s a sick world to begin with ~ some people capable of doing those things, along with some people capable of lying about those things. Lives ruined from it happening to children, lives ruined from false accusations. Probably a lot of guilty walking free if they have the loot.

Do you think that this would make any difference ~ seeing that the longer the time passes, the less likely there will be any evidence?
Well, in America of course the press screams, the public has a right to know!
And yet, the accused has a right to avoid jury nullification and therein have a fair trial after credible evidence , if any, has been compiled in order to get an indictment.

So, yes, I think our press could do with keeping accusations of this nature under their hat until there is an indictment.
The label, "child molester", is enough in itself to have someone found guilty just with the label attached to their name. Something that once there is indelible in the minds of those who actually know the accused.

I think also , and this pertains to America too as the article concerns Chilean law, there needs to be an amendment to our current sex offender registry.

A boy who's girlfriend is but months from the age of consent in their state, should never be cataloged with rapists and child molesters as a sex offender, as is the case now. And because in many cases the girls parents are upset at the relationship and want to teach the boy a lesson. It is one that is life long and ruinous for a young life.