• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Children

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Kids are evil. If people would just stop having kids for say, two or three generations, most of the worlds problems would be solved.

So, do they magically become good when they become adults?

I think the main problem is that people tend to forget their experiences as a kid. As people grow up, there world and views change, and, just as they look at other cultures or religions, they look at different age groups only through their own point of view. Personally I'm very conscious of this tendency, and fight it all the time.

I'm 28, so I'm not far removed from my youth. I'm at the point where I just got married, and most of my friends are married, and a couple of them have had kids in the past two years. So, I find myself moving into that older mentality, and looking at younger generations the way many older people do. However, I'm conscious of it, and stay in touch with my immature side enough to realize that they're only doing things that I once did, and that most adults once did.

Kids do a lot of bad and stupid things, and that's never going to change. But, just like people need to be more open to other points of view when it comes to culture and religion, they need to keep their minds open to the plight of the youth.

I also agree. To understand what kids do, we have to know who kids ARE.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
The old fear the young. I'm not sure why. Maybe when I'm older I'll understand, but I sure hope not.

Why - because young people threaten their way of life. Why? Because young people see the hypocrisy, the lies, the cover-ups. Young people want change. Young people demand better.

It is not young people that cut down millions of trees to make your sunday paper so you can read about the tree-cutting - they are asking it to stop. It is not young people that take the country to war - they are asking it to stop. It is not young people who create social divides and separate the "haves" from the "have-nots" - they are asking it to stop. No, they aren't asking - they are begging.

Young people have threatened the way of life for the older generation for many many many many years. They see the hypocrisy in society frowning upon a woman making love with a whimper in the street, but celebrating a man dying without a whimper on the battlefields, as a bullet rips his chest.

And then, they see that the older generation will not change for them, that they remove the power from them, and so they do the next best thing - they join the older people. What is one of the clear differences between older people and young people? Young people do what older people do, but they do it in the open.

They are not afraid to speak their minds and act on instinct. They are not afraid to act as they see fit. And that scares the older generation.

Well meth, i dont think we are THAT good. We don't neccesarily demand better, people want better from us. They should be demanding better from the minority who are disobidient. With more and more parents breaking up nowadays, kids are finding it harder to live a normal life.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Why - because young people threaten their way of life. Why? Because young people see the hypocrisy, the lies, the cover-ups. Young people want change. Young people demand better.

It is not young people that cut down millions of trees to make your sunday paper so you can read about the tree-cutting - they are asking it to stop. It is not young people that take the country to war - they are asking it to stop. It is not young people who create social divides and separate the "haves" from the "have-nots" - they are asking it to stop. No, they aren't asking - they are begging.

Young people have threatened the way of life for the older generation for many many many many years. They see the hypocrisy in society frowning upon a woman making love with a whimper in the street, but celebrating a man dying without a whimper on the battlefields, as a bullet rips his chest.

And then, they see that the older generation will not change for them, that they remove the power from them, and so they do the next best thing - they join the older people. What is one of the clear differences between older people and young people? Young people do what older people do, but they do it in the open.

They are not afraid to speak their minds and act on instinct. They are not afraid to act as they see fit. And that scares the older generation.

Though I would not go quite that far, as there exceptions both with young and old Americans, I agree with you to an extent. Your post is a powerful response to the asinine, worn-out "Things just aren't good like they used to be" line.

No thoughts on my post?

Nope. :cool: