• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child-Like Wonder

Jethro Tull

Fisher of men
-----
The more you live in the present the more fulfilling life gets. Time will slow down, you will see the magic and wonder of life you saw as a child and you will experience it without the ignorance and all the negative emotions of childhood.

Child-time: Time is subject to perception and that is the reason it moves slower for children. Do you remember how long the summer used to last?

Summer actually does last longer from a child's perspective. The more aware you are, the slower time travels, because each moment contains more life. The older you get, the stronger the mind gets. You receive less life and time moves faster from your perspective and experience. A child receives more of life because his/her mind has not completely taken over his/her life yet.

The world you saw as a child is still here, you just cannot see it anymore. The world did not change, you changed; you became less aware. Kids still see it.

You live more from birth to the age of ten, then from age ten to a hundred.

When you know the truth, you become more aware again and you will see life like you did then. Soon you will be able to see life better than a child sees it or any animal has ever seen it. You will see the real world, an enchanted world.
-----

From The Present, Page 6, at http://www.thetruthcontest.com

Friends, this book will open you up to the magic of childhood all the time. Check it out and share your thoughts.
smile.gif

Jethro Tull

Fisher of men
One of my co-workers has twin babies, and I just look into their eyes and imagine they world they see. Ever since I read The Present, I have not once been bored, not even kidding. I don't even know what it is like to be bored anymore. I am always amazed by whatever is happening; it is all life.