• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chaos magic

blessed

can anyone tell me about it i know a little and from what i have heard its magic without rules or guidelines which sounds dangerous to me :?:

sweet666

unlike most other magical practices chaos magicis not a spiritual path. using the maxim 'nothing is true, everything is permitted', chaos magicians emphasise pragmatic tecniques and observable results in the world as its directly experienced as a form of sorcery. the aim is to achieve alternative states of conciousness or 'gnosis'. chaos magic rejects spiritual elements in its practices and above all it offers oppurtunity to explore non-ordinary reality without the hindrance of accepted beliefs. through this religion and its practices, inspiration, knowledge, power and heightened perception are gained. :clap:

It is essentially as Sweet said. 'Nothing Is True, Everything Is permitted.' In some circumstances, i.e. a person of shabby mental quality, it IS quite dangerous. The resulting magickal/psychological faceplant is quite horrid to witness.
It takes a person of strong psyche to endure Chaoism, but never tell a less-than-bright Chaoist it's dangerous. Otherwise you open the door to a bitter rant about how the blah blah blah in the name of etc etc is what's TRULY dangerous and it's all a matter of perspective in yadda yadda yadda. Many of my brothers and sisters are all too happy to assault with psychobabble, and the meta-belief is truly flooded with dangersou people just tripping all over themselves to take a magick fueled trip to the lovely State of Disaster.
Other than that, it's a blast... :mrgreen:
The overall structure is the 'belief' that belief is a tool to be exploited, and it truly is akin to sorcery than any other form of Magick you may be aware of. There IS a journey there, just not a contemporary 'spiritual' one. The process of reconstructing ones psyche, a laborious footnote in any Chaoists Book of Doom And Whatnots, makes for some truly unique and mercurial people. And some exploding folks, lest we forget those worthy souls.... :killme:
I have been a practising Chaoist for about 3 years now, having dabbled with numerous forms of the occult (the Ecclectic Pagan whom we all know one of, is nothing more than a larval Chaos Magickian. please don't sqoosh him) until I stumbled upon the sanctioned hodgepot of Chaos Magick. Clapping my little hands together with glee, I dove in, and have not been seen since.
Hope that helps a bit, but after i think about all the rambling I just did, I think Sweet probably summed it up better.

Fra. Yndel

Chaos magick is the most personalized system out of any religion that I have ever seen. It basically states that there is no one ultimately true path and that each persons own little system is what is right for them. Some of what works for Fra. Morelia will not work for me and there are things that I have done that won't work for him. Chaos Magick is a big experiment to learn what works and does not work for you magickally. No two Chaos Magicians will ever view anything the same way, there is always at least the minutest difference.