• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrate your uniqueness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow Earthlings!

I hope you are enjoying your time here on the forum today.

Here's a little something I found in cyberland just recently - and the voices in my head told me why not post it to the forum and get loads of appreciative comments as always!

Each of us is one of a kind. When we cherish our eccentricities and celebrate our flaws, we begin to develop a deep love for ourselves just as we are. Instead of focusing on all the things wrong with us, self-celebration enables us to derive deep satisfaction from being uniquely us. Practice self-celebration by enjoying your awkward laugh or poking fun at your inability to remember people’s names. Or you can do as I do, and smile big for pictures to show off your buck tooth.

While celebrating your quirks, don’t forget to keep growing. Keep your eyes and ears open to the people you trust. Listen when they tell you that you have work to do on yourself. It doesn’t make you bad, just human. People you care about will be the ones that help you distinguish between flaws that need acceptance and flaws that need fixing. (Remember, you want others to get their needs met, too.) This part is crucial, and it keeps us from sliding out of self-love and into complacency.

In sum, feeling positively about ourselves takes effort. But by changing our views, we can change our lives.

I believe it comes from the Greater Good site which is well worth exploring if that has activated your curiosity -

Four Steps to Feeling Better about Yourself

Enjoy your browsing!

:)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
unique.jpg