• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrate PRIDE!

Bob the Unbeliever

I will celebrate vicariously, as I often do with(for) causes I like and support. But being a social introvert, I tend to stay home with kitty, and watch-- cheering from the sidelines, as it were.

As for the comments "don't flaunt yourself" ... well.... it's fine for straights to flaunt their affection for one another, with overt hand-holding, public displays of affection and so on...

..... Shut The Front Door, if some loving couple who happen to have the same dangly bits-- keep those behind the curtain?

And I cry, "foul!" If straights are not criticized for walking around the mall clinging to one another like a Titanic Survivor, then gays should be afforded the same privilege. And no-- I would not limit it to binary partners-- if a poly group wants to do that too? Let'em, says I.

I cut my moralistic teeth (with regards to how humans pair [group] up) on Robert Heinlein's many Enlightened novels..... so I suppose I had early exposure to the idea.

If nobody is trolling for children? Who's business is it of anyone looking on, anyway? Turn your bigoted head the other way, if it bothers you-- nobody guarantees the Public Venue is free from Outrageous Images.

What is offensive to some, is Pure Art for others. There is no right to NOT be offended.

You can always do as I do-- and stay home to play with the cat [dog]. ;)

Besides: animals don't judge.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
93' was that before the DOMA act? I think there was a shift in the current then. I saw clinton on the news implementing it. Never forgot how I felt.
Yeah I am pretty sure Clinton waited a little longer before giving us gay supporters the shaft(and not in the good way:( ).
I honestly didn't pay huge attention. The possibility of legal marriage equality was so far in the distant future. The HIV epidemic was still the big issue, for gay men at least. I didn't really put a ton of consideration into marriage rights.
Of course politicians promised stuff and then threw us under the bus.

Just getting to the point of meriting a lie directed towards us on the campaign trail was a step up from previously. A huge part of the reason HIV got so bad was the unwillingness of the previous presidents to admit that gay people exist and matter as citizens.

It's hard to explain how different the world is in that regard.
Tom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is sad. I meant the Dont Ask one. The marriage rights didnt bother me that young since I never wanted to marry and have children. It didnt sting me until I was confirmed and realized LGBTQ cant even marry in their own house of worship. The Dont Ask Dont Tell, my sister whose in the Army showed the rules her commander gave her on recruit regarding the Act.
I swear it was three pages or so thick and this was little after it was turned over.

I could never be an active political rights advocate. Theyd have to lock me up cause its one thing I hate is blunt inequality. I mean, if god decided to burn sinners who have gave up sin, and he tossed LGBTQ in the fire, I can actually imagine people being happy for this because of they were not, they'd feel guilty for not agreeing with god. I imagine my friend who isn't aggressive nor evangelical on the side nodding when she told me one time I was made for chastity.

If only I can draw the picture or paint it. It reminds me of the romans looking in on the victims in the lion's den being torn because of a crime. Earlier forms of capital punishment.

Then we laugh and encourage actors to shoot em up and hit people for sport.

So much stuff. I cant imagine in other countries where you can get arrested for people thinking you are gay.

Anyway, me in politics...no. But attending PRIDE is another step with the Coming Out Day support to at least say something by being there. May not be nothing but something at the same time. Who knows.

Yeah I am pretty sure Clinton waited a little longer before giving us gay supporters the shaft(and not in the good way:( ).

I honestly didn't pay huge attention. The possibility of legal marriage equality was so far in the distant future. The HIV epidemic was still the big issue, for gay men at least. I didn't really put a ton of consideration into marriage rights.
Of course politicians promised stuff and then threw us under the bus.

Just getting to the point of meriting a lie directed towards us on the campaign trail was a step up from previously. A huge part of the reason HIV got so bad was the unwillingness of the previous presidents to admit that gay people exist and matter as citizens.

It's hard to explain how different the world is in that regard.
Tom

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
2000px-Pedophile-butterfly.svg.png