• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic: The Crime of Father Amaro

Economist

This film was very controversial, and condemned by many in the church. Have any of you, particularly Catholics, seen it? Unfortunately, I think it was probably accurate in its depiction of Church corruption, but that wasn't the focus of most of the controversy. Some thought that it gave too sympathetic a portrayal of abortions, but I saw nothing sympathetic about it. I liked the film and I don't think it deserves the bad reputation it got with many Catholics who were told about it without having seen it.

kepha31

Tenochtitlan, Mexico - August 13, 2002 - (ACN) Jewish film producers Alfredo Ripstein and Daniel Birman Ripstein, of Alameda Films in Mexico City, have insulted and angered millions of devout Mexican Catholics as well as the hierarchy of the Mexican Catholic Church with their release of what has been called a "blasphemous and sacrilegious anti-Catholic film". The film "El Crimen del Padre Amaro" (The Crime of Father Amaro) depicts Catholic priests as being sexually immoral and as taking "narcolimosnas" or handouts from Mexican drug cartels. Jewish Film Producers Anger Mexican Catholics

You will never see a film about the many priests who have been killed by drug lords. The media war against the Catholic Church rages on...

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
From Kepha's link....

Such is the way of Jews who seek to denigrate the Catholic faith, insult Christianity in general and defame Jesus Christ in particular. The Cardinal laments that the film was produced by the Jews with public monies. He said, "The government should not be paying to make these sort of films. What we need is better roads, more schools, universities, hospitals, and electric generating plants, this is what the government should dedicate itself to and not to financing these sort of films".

Archbishop Morales Reyes said the film is designed to attack Catholic religious symbols and to weaken the faith of Catholics. He said that the Jewish producers are making a mockery of Catholicism and the Church. In Mexico, approximately 93% of the population are Catholics according to the "Instituto Nacional de Estadísticas".

There is increasing awareness in Mexico that attacks on the Catholic Church comes usually from Jewish film producers, authors, journalists and artists as are attacks on Christianity in the United States. In 1998, the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights protested the play "Corpus Christi" by homosexual Jewish playwrite Terrence McNally. In the play, Terrence McNally depicts Jesus Christ as "King of the Queers" and having sex with the disciples. Mexican film producers Alfredo Ripstein and Daniel Birman Ripstein of Alameda Films are no different than Terrence McNally. These Jewish film producers and playwrite are out to denigrate Christianity because they do not believe that Jesus Christ was the true Messiah. They essentially hate Jesus and use plays and films to destroy his image.

There are now allegations that the Jewish controlled news and information media capitalized on the homosexual pedophilia problem among Catholic priests to destroy the church. There may be some truth to these allegations because there are a significant number of Jewish rabbis that are molesting children as well, yet the mainstream media hardly covers these incidents. There are also other horrible crimes being committed by rabbis and no one is saying anything about it. One thing for sure, the Vatican, the Catholic Church in Mexico and the Catholic Church in United States are not speaking out against the Jews who are slowly undermining Christianity. The Jews can make despicable films about Christians but no one dares to make a film about the despicable acts of Jews. The film "El Crimen del Padre Amaro" should perhaps be counteracted by a film "El Crimen del Rabino Shlomo".

This article is littered with Anti-Semitism. I do not think it was done by a Jew to exclusively attack the religion of Catholics. I think it was done because the producers thought it would be entertainment. As with any other movie. The last quote I posted, is even more ridicules. More attacks on the faith are done by atheist and non-Jews then by Jews.

We also have worse attacks happening then from the media. Attacks we should really be worried about. A movie will not do as much harm as these other attacks are doing.

kepha31

I disagree the article is anti-semitic. There are apostates in every religion. The biggest attack is against life, it just so happens that the Church with her unmovable moral teachings is the greatest opponent to anti-life. The media goes overboard trying to discredit the Church as a means to an end. We live in a culture of death.