• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlita's LGBTQ News Update

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I go to this other LGBTQ site where youth are coming to terms with their sexuality and/or gender identities without "outsiders" influences and debates. One person asked whether bisexuality is a choice. I thought this reply kind of explains it for any person I hope wants to read this.

Carlita's News Update: Is Bisexuality a Choice?

It's easier to think about it in biological and physiological terms and not which sex with whom a person is attracted to. In other words, don't think about sex (genitals) for a minute just the person and his or her body physiology.

Every person has nerves and senses. We all take in information, our bodies, and our bodies react such as cause pain or make you happy. You may flinch or get flushed. Sometimes when a family hugs you, you sense physical love through your body and spirit. These nerves and physics (doing my best) is part of how the body is aware and interacts with its surroundings.

Our feelings and body work together to form relationships with things outside it. That's life. It's not biased to what nor who.

When a person finds another person attractive that person's, like above, may experience body reactions based to the other. They may get happy. Sad. Sexually stimulated. Etc. The body is not biased.

Then you have culture that dictates how one sees themselves as a man or woman regardless ones sex. You have something in you that makes You, you. You aren't your penis. You aren't your vagina. You are you.

Some people have body/mind/spirit experiences as above that line up with their culture so they call themselves male or female based on that as well as their sex. Our culture shapes gender.

Our bodies are not biased. So, straight and gay do not exist to the body. It just attracts. Gay people (make it simple) just realize their body/mind/spirit points to people of their own gender. Straight people realized their BMS are attracted to opposite. It's mental and spiritual growth.

Unfortunately, culture, as mentioned above defines the former one way and puts them in a box. They must be straight. The body is not bias.

Is bisexuality a choice? No.

We don't chose how our bodies and minds react to people. The body isn't bias. It doesn't choose. We just learn to adjust to our attractions.

The problem is cultural norms that define a person. Take away that, we are Who we are. Attractions and identities aren't in a box. It is what it is.

:leafwind:

Doctors, don't sting me if I got my medics off.