• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't remember the title of an odd movie...

Troublemane

I don't know if anyone here can help, it might be a movie I saw in an alternate universe cuz I can't seem to find it anywhere, and I can't remember the name of it. Plus, no matter how many search terms I put in there seems to be no trace of it on the internet. But maybe one of my fellow RF'ers has seen it and has a better memory than I....

The movie is in black and white, but it was made post 1990. It starts with a picture of the Titanic and the words "OVERSIZED PRODUCTIONS" and the sound of a foghorn. I was laughing from the start. The opening scene is in a hospital, where someone is in a hospital bed and nurses let children in to see their parent who is sick. The hospital is made to look like the 1940's, but someone in the background sets a 7-11 Big Gulp cup down on a table.

The parent starts telling the kids a story, and we flash back to the old west.

There's a criminal wandering the desert and he comes upon an old ruin (not sure if it was a church or what) that a bunch of nurses are running. They take him in and give him water and food, but at night he sees there is a parapalegic minister who gets treated to a strip tease by the nurses. They put up a curtain so he can't see, but he can tell they are undressing for the minister and he starts to get jealous. He decides he is going to kill the minister.

Before he can kill him, the minister starts singing. I am not clear on what happens next, but somehow the criminal and the minister talk, and the criminal wants to hear how the minister became a cripple. The minister explains he came across the desert with his wife, and when she died he lost his ability to walk. The nurses take pity on him because of that.

The criminal bursts into tears and confesses all his crimes, then. He did terrible things, then fled into the desert. He even came upon the body of an indian princess up on a burial platform, and he ravished the body. Then he felt so bad about what he had done, he destroyed the body (I think he cut it up and fed it to wolves or something). He just felt so terrible and needed to confess everything.

The minister then says,"You didn't let me finish my story....my wife was an indian princess."

The film ends with the two guys sitting in an uncomfortable silence.

I was laughing my *** off!--It was really low budget and had no famous actors in it. But it was a strange and amusing film. It has been killing me that I can't remember what it was called. Anyone here ever heard of it? Seen it? Own it on dvd? LoL

Maybe someone could help, who knows how to use teh internetz searchy things better than meh? :angel2:

Last edited: