• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada to UN: Stop Failing

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Baird criticizes UN in speech to general assembly - Politics - CBC News

Well, this oughtta make us more popular. The UN is pretty much powerless to do anything unilaterally anyway. Pointing it out isn't going to help. Is it just me, or is the Canadian Government trying to poke the hornet's nest at the UN?

The Canadian government thinks its smarter than the UN, because the Canadian government thinks its smarter than everyone. As for popularity, and all that jazz, lets just say its a good thing we have exported some great actors. These chaps Harper and Baird could best qualify for the new 'Two Stooges' movie.

On the world stage, I don't think anybody takes Canada that seriously. About on the same level as Lesotho.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I guess Baird could start by cleaning up our aboriginal problem, or our pollution problem, both subject to criticism by international organizations like Amnesty International and the UN. But he seems to have his finger stuck in the pointing outward posture configuration.