• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you Remit sins ?

dan p

Hi to all and John 20:19-23 the disciples were given the right to Remit sins ,

But , the Context in verse 19 , Jesus is talking to the disciples and not to Gentiles or to the Body of Christ .

But , many believers say that we should br following Jesus !!

Inverse 21 , Jesus is giving the disciples another Great Commssion , " as My Father hath sent Me , even so send I you !!

Then in verse 22 , Jesus breaths on them the POWER of Holy Spirit !!

The Greek Article " the " is not used with Holy Spirit and the correct reading is " Receive ye Holy Spirit " !!

Then the disciples has the Power to Remit or forgive sins and whose soever sins ye Retain , they are retained !!

So , how were sins Remitted or forgiven and why can we not also forgive sins today ?

dan p

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
People should forgiven one another and are instructed to do so, but we're not needed to forgive sin in the larger sense.

The "price" for sin was paid through Christ's sacrifice. What's asked of people is repentence for sin. When the veil was torn, people could repent directly to Christ, through the Holy Spirit - without need of a "middleman".

dan p

People should forgiven one another and are instructed to do so, but we're not needed to forgive sin in the larger sense.

The "price" for sin was paid through Christ's sacrifice. What's asked of people is repentence for sin. When the veil was torn, people could repent directly to Christ, through the Holy Spirit - without need of a "middleman".

Hi , and this was before His death on the cross and even after the cross in Acts 10:46 , dan p

dan p

Hi , and this was before His death on the cross and even after the cross in Acts 10:46 , dan p

Hi to all , and I believe that the method used to Remit sins was the Same as what John the Baptist before John was exucuted and Jesus empowered the disciples to do the very same thing , so it was still Water Baptism as we see in Acts 10:46 , with Cornelious , dan p

obi one

But , the Context in verse 19 , Jesus is talking to the disciples and not to Gentiles or to the Body of Christ .

Inverse 21 , Jesus is giving the disciples another Great Commssion , " as My Father hath sent Me , even so send I you !!

The Greek Article " the " is not used with Holy Spirit and the correct reading is " Receive ye Holy Spirit " !!

Then the disciples has the Power to Remit or forgive sins and whose soever sins ye Retain , they are retained !!

So , how were sins Remitted or forgiven and why can we not also forgive sins today ?

dan p

Of course dan p, as well as most of the world cannot remit sins, for he, nor they, have apparently entered into the kingdom of heaven. Actually as Yeshua says, the path is narrow and it is few that find the way (Mt 7:13). The wide path, which is easily found and accessed, leads to destruction. As for what Yeshua says to those that actually follow his path, he tells them that they shall do greater things than he. As he forgave sins, so can they. As for those who think they can be saved by calling on the Lord, prophesizing in his name, and practice lawlessness, he simply says, "I never knew you". (Mt 7:23)

dan p

Of course dan p, as well as most of the world cannot remit sins, for he, nor they, have apparently entered into the kingdom of heaven. Actually as Yeshua says, the path is narrow and it is few that find the way (Mt 7:13). The wide path, which is easily found and accessed, leads to destruction. As for what Yeshua says to those that actually follow his path, he tells them that they shall do greater things than he. As he forgave sins, so can they. As for those who think they can be saved by calling on the Lord, prophesizing in his name, and practice lawlessness, he simply says, "I never knew you". (Mt 7:23)

Hi , and what is your timeline as to when Matt 7:23 happens ??

Look at verse 21 , and it says the Kingdom of Heaven ??

So, when do you say that the Kingdom of Heaven is in operation ??

dan p

obi one

Hi , and what is your timeline as to when Matt 7:23 happens ??

Look at verse 21 , and it says the Kingdom of Heaven ??

So, when do you say that the Kingdom of Heaven is in operation ??

dan p

The kingdom of heaven has always been in operation. Anyone who does the will of God is a child of God, a simbling of Yeshua, and has the power and spirit of the Kingdom. The problem is that very few find and follow that path, and the many choose the wide path of destruction. The path as stated in Mt 8-23, includes lawlessness.

dan p

The kingdom of heaven has always been in operation. Anyone who does the will of God is a child of God, a simbling of Yeshua, and has the power and spirit of the Kingdom. The problem is that very few find and follow that path, and the many choose the wide path of destruction. The path as stated in Mt 8-23, includes lawlessness.

HI , and where is that verse found that I can study it ??

Why does the Kingdon of Heaven meand to you ??

And where is it is operati0n today in the Dispensation of Grace ?

dan p

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus

dan p

Most Christians don't even know what a "Holy Spirit"

ἅγιος πνεῦμα (Agios Pneuma) (Holy-Spirit)

Pneuma (πνεύμα) is an ancient Greek word for "breath,", If you breath in-out, you lungs
are Animated, that is the Soul, but, You "Breath" and "Talk" at the same time, and you
talk words, which in Greek its "Logos".

The term "Holy Spirit" is a pseudonym for "Logos" (The Word, or "Reason")

verse 22 , Jesus breaths on them the POWER of Holy Spirit !!
==== verse 22 , Jesus breaths on them the POWER of REASON

The term "Bad Spirit" literally means "Bad Breath"

dan p

Most Christians don't even know what a "Holy Spirit"

ἅγιος πνεῦμα (Agios Pneuma) (Holy-Spirit)

Pneuma (πνεύμα) is an ancient Greek word for "breath,", If you breath in-out, you lungs
are Animated, that is the Soul, but, You "Breath" and "Talk" at the same time, and you
talk words, which in Greek its "Logos".

The term "Holy Spirit" is a pseudonym for "Logos" (The Word, or "Reason")

verse 22 , Jesus breaths on them the POWER of Holy Spirit !!
==== verse 22 , Jesus breaths on them the POWER of REASON

The term "Bad Spirit" literally means "Bad Breath"

Hi , and I have looked up that verse and it should read " He breathed oon , and saith unto them , Receive ye Holy Spirit " !!

The Greek Article , " THE " in not in the Greek text OF jOHN20:22 !!

What do you thi9ng it means NOW ??

John 7:30 says that the Holy Spirit HAD not yet been given !!

dan p

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If you look up the definition of remit...or remission...

The person who receives it, will have no guilt or consequence for whatever
fault was theirs.
No wrongful speech or deed will be held against them.

If you do so unto others....the angels might do so unto you.

dan p

If you look up the definition of remit...or remission...

The person who receives it, will have no guilt or consequence for whatever
fault was theirs.
No wrongful speech or deed will be held against them.

If you do so unto others....the angels might do so unto you.

Hi , and I have looked it up , and the Greek word is APHIEMI , G 863 , and the two main words are to Leave 52 times and to Forgive 47 times !!

The first Remir is in the second Aorist tense , Active voice and in the Subjectice mood of that they will have there sins forgiven !!

The second , Remitted , is in the Present tense , passive voice and in the Indicative mood of Fact .

dan p

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hi , and I have looked it up , and the Greek word is APHIEMI , G 863 , and the two main words are to Leave 52 times and to Forgive 47 times !!

The first Remir is in the second Aorist tense , Active voice and in the Subjectice mood of that they will have there sins forgiven !!

The second , Remitted , is in the Present tense , passive voice and in the Indicative mood of Fact .

dan p

Well and good.
I was using Webster's.

Mood swings?...I suppose forgiving could be influenced by the way you feel at the moment.
Wouldn't want decision to come my way when the judge is in a bad mood.

Or perhaps remittance is a discipline with rules...and your feelings don't count.

obi one

dan p

The Kingdom of God is the Spirit and Power of God within his children, those who do his will. As for an example of that power and spirit prior to Yeshua's teachings, simply look into the life of Elija. As for the "Dispensation of Grace", that is a false construct, which has no power nor Spirit. The Kingdom of God is life, the gospel of Grace is death, with no Spirit or power. Those who follow gospel of Grace have neither the power or the Spirit to retain or forgive sin. It is few that find the path to life, yet many who find the wide path to destruction.

jtartar

dan p

dan p,
There are several things to think about here. Jesus was born a Jew, so he taught the Mosaic Law, Gal 4:4, but he was also telling about what was to be after he was killed.
Remember the Holy Spirit actually appointed the elders in the congregations, Acts 20:28. Because the Holy Spirit made sure the ones that were appointed made no mistakes, as far as teaching the truth of God's word was concerned, the great mandate of being able to forgive sins. Remember though, these sins were ALREADY forgiven in heaven. They could not and would not forgive sins that should not be forgiven, this was already dicided in heaven, and the power to discern this was given to the disciples by the Holy Spirit.
:yes: The same principle was also put in affect at Matt 16:19, when Jesus gave Peter the Keys to the Kingdom of the Heavens. Notice that Jesus said that the thing bound on earth was the thing bound in heaven, meaning it was already bound in heaven. Men on earth do not have the right in themselves, but the Holy Spirit, in those days, made sure they made no mistakes. This was the start of the Christian congregation, shortly afterJesus' death, there could not be mistakes or the very foundation of Christianity would have been ruined. God's Holy Spirit made sure of that.

obi one

dan p

There is no "Dispensation of Grace". That is pure fantacy, based on the twisted testimony of Paul. The Gospel of the Kingdom was from Yeshua. As for a verse, there are many, but Mt 6, culminated by Mt 6:33, whereas Yeshua says, "But seek first His kingdom, and His righteousness; and all these things that you need shall be added to you."

A child of the kingdom is one of many, and through the Spirit and power of their Father, they look after each other. The kingdom is Spirit and power, and plays out on earth. The religious sects of today are best epitomized by the saying the blind shall lead the blind, and they shall all fall in the pit. The churches don't seem to have a grasp of the simplest teachings of Yeshua. They are engulfed in tearing the meaning of words apart, and yet, they can't even figure out the rock the church is built on.