• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you define your god?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
First, so say people who have not materialism. Me, I always take Toyota's word for what's wrong with GM, and McDonald's word for what's wrong with Burger King. Why shouldn't I believe you when you say materialism does not lack for fables, spirits, and false gods, but provide me with no examples? Second, if I ever get to Alberta, I am begging to take you to a restaurant. You've got one of the top dozen most interesting perspectives on this board. You always have.
I don't lack for materialism --the major difference between me and materialists is that I also don't lack for idealism, realism, empiricism, surrealism, and any other -isms people want to throw at each other. :)

Here's the restaurant. :)

The materialist's fable is that there are non-existent things in the world, mostly those having to do with thought, ideas and concepts. The materialist's spirit is the 'self', and her god, a very clever tale.