• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we leave religious books and intellectual knowledge aside?

what are supposed things - what are actual things? Where is the line of demarcation in our own life or elsewere between these apparent two different things ? How far should we take a skeptic attitude? What is this 'reality' as a foundation?

skepticism should be applied to everything. if an idea doesn't hold up to scrutiny then it should be discarded, if it does then it can be explored with confidence.

Willowmina

On a journey to the ocean
Hello Caladan

the Hindu scripture itself recommends enquiry on the nature of oneself. Scripture says that enquiry into Truth/Brahman is auspicious. Probably, a flip side of this is that we are argumentative and have many schools.

However, scripture again says that a knower of Self, which is of the nature of knowledge (and not anything graspable), needs scripture as much as a man neck deep in water needs water.

Om

skepticism should be applied to everything. if an idea doesn't hold up to scrutiny then it should be discarded, if it does then it can be explored with confidence.

Some friends mine explain me how this discussion go.
What kind of discussion you have? One say this, other say that. Words, words and more words make apart and this go on and on and on. You happy with this kind communication? Leave you satisfied like after you eat good food? Me not. This because maybe me younger than you...

Now me make song:

I say this,
You say that,
Can we put this in one hat?
Maybe make scrambled egg,
You like that? :yes::no::help:

Yes, I agree we need inquiry and Self inquiry but how much do we need argumentative skepticism in this already prevailing complexity and fragmentation out there and for sure in ourselves? and i think this is the time when we can leave religious books and intellectual knowledge aside and maybe try out different approaches to communication and interaction i.e like in the ahmahaa website.
So Mitra, I think I understand your broken english message.:yes::clap

Last edited:
Is there a time when we can leave religious books and intellectual knowledge aside?
I belive there is wisdom buried within both religious books and intellectual knowledge and that wisdom itself is universal. When we all agree upon what is wise rather then debate what is right and wrong about books or knowledge, books and knowledge will have served their purpose and will no longer be needed.

Willowmina

On a journey to the ocean
I belive there is wisdom buried within both religious books and intellectual knowledge and that wisdom itself is universal. When we all agree upon what is wise rather then debate what is right and wrong about books or knowledge, books and knowledge will have served their purpose and will no longer be needed.

Yes, this is the way I also see it.:bow:

mitra

Yes, yes i think understand and me agree what you say. Better see what common have than say me right, you wrong and say but, but but most time...

sniper762

Religious books......yes...........intellectual knowledge.........only if i am dealing with inanimate objects