• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can true Liberals support...Faith schools?

JIMMY12345

My friends have children coming up to school age. The age old question. Faith School or not.? Private or State?
The last is easy. Early years state then swop if you can afford it. However do note while Private schools have experts on their subjects. Some are pure rubbish at actually explaining anything of use to your kids. The REAL reason why they get good results is that they cream of the best students. Watcha expect? Also kids love first Teacher then subject. They hate Teacher then subject. Now you know why we are not all Maths professors.
Back to first question would you send your kids to a faith school?
ps I am prejudiced in favour of Catholic schools. Why because they are "Catholic". World wide they take Catholic, Hindu Muslim, Judaism you name it. All without blinking an eye.

Altfish

Veteran Member
My friends have children coming up to school age. The age old question. Faith School or not.? Private or State?
The last is easy. Early years state then swop if you can afford it. However do note while Private schools have experts on their subjects. Some are pure rubbish at actually explaining anything of use to your kids. The REAL reason why they get good results is that they cream of the best students. Watcha expect? Also kids love first Teacher then subject. They hate Teacher then subject. Now you know why we are not all Maths professors.
Back to first question would you send your kids to a faith school?
ps I am prejudiced in favour of Catholic schools. Why because they are "Catholic". World wide they take Catholic, Hindu Muslim, Judaism you name it. All without blinking an eye.
In the UK faith schools are rampant. My granddaughter goes to one, it is a good school but religion is too dominant. She got her end of school report and Religious Education was the first subject covered!

The good thing is is that kids usually rebel against indoctrination, so hopefully it'll be a good breeding ground for atheists.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have no issue with faith based schools. I do have an issue with them demanding that we destroy the separation of church and state to support their religious indoctrination.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Would adding some hatha yoga and some meditation in be considered faith-based?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on the school. Some are better than others. Generally don't mind so long as they're not being used as an excuse to siphon away public education finding. (**** Betsy DeVos.) And not being emotionally or physically abusive to lgbt kids, or kids who don't identify with the religion in question.