• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God read thoughts?

klubbhead024

For all the believers;

Does God know what is going on inside your head?
If you think about doing something that is a sin, does that get held against you?

joeboonda

klubbhead024 said:
For all the believers;

If you think about doing something that is a sin, does that get held against you?

Yes, he knows our very thoughts, and no, they were held against Jesus 2,000 years ago when He took them all upon Himself and paid for them.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
klubbhead024 said:
For all the believers;

It isn't held against you, per say. It's not "STRIKE ONE!". But it is wrong.

The important thing is to work towards becoming a better Muslim, and as long as you are doing that and making progress in the right direction, then you are doing well.

klubbhead024

joeboonda said:
Yes, he knows our very thoughts, and no, they were held against Jesus 2,000 years ago when He took them all upon Himself and paid for them.

Well if Jesus has already paid for our sins, then it doesn't matter what you do in life, you go right to heaven......

cardero

Citizen Mod
klubbhead024 said:
Does that mean if you think about killing someone it is a sin?
If it is, I think many people involved in making motion pictures are eternally damned. I think in the realm of thoughts, humans have a safe haven. It is when we transfer those thoughts to action is when we can sometimes find ourselves in different circumstances. There is a Biblical scripture floating around that if one thinks about adultery than it is just as if they had completed the action, which is absurd. I think we are allowed our thoughts, we are allowed to contemplate; we are allowed to reason, we are allowed to think. I don’t believe this to be sin.

joeboonda

klubbhead024 said:
Well if Jesus has already paid for our sins, then it doesn't matter what you do in life, you go right to heaven......

As far as salvation is concerned, yes, it is a totally free gift we receive by simply trusting that Jesus' death paid for our sins, however, 'heaven', or the after-life, will absolutely NOT be the same for everyone. Actually the Bible teaches that there will be new heavens and a new earth and that the CIty of the New Jerusalem will ascend to the new earth and God will live among us forevermore. So, our final destination is the new earth. Also, Christ will rule and reign on the present earth for a thousand years, this is the Thousand Year Millenium, or Reign of Christ. What we do now has great bearing on what life will be like for us then. The Bible teaches of positions, ranks in the Kingdom, it teaches some will have great reward, 'gold, silver, precious stones', some folks works will burn up, 'wood, hay, and stubble', and they will be saved yet suffer great loss. There are 5 crowns Christians can win, and Jesus taught that those who use what they have been given now, for His glory, will be given much later, and those who do not, will lose what they seemed to have. A person who gets saved and then does not grow, and stays pretty much how they were before, will NOT get the same reward as one who gives all, perhaps becomes a missionary in a dangerous country, and is killed for their efforts. No, my friend, it is not as simple as you suggest. Salvation is free, reward is not, and God is no respecter of persons. (treats all equally in judgement).

joeboonda

There is a Biblical scripture floating around that if one thinks about adultery than it is just as if they had completed the action, which is absurd. I think we are allowed our thoughts, we are allowed to contemplate; we are allowed to reason, we are allowed to think. I don’t believe this to be sin.

Whoa, those were the word of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. The Bible clearly teaches that we are to take every thought captive, that we are to think on those things that are "good, pure, lovely, and of good report." Jesus said that if we look at a woman to lust after her we have already committed adultery, IN OUR HEART. He did not say we actually did it in the flesh, there is a difference. The idea being conveyed is that we ALL have sinned, broken the ten commandments in one way or another, that by breaking the very essence of the law, we are condemned, for God is a Holy God. I John says that if we are angry with a brother without cause, we are a murderer in the eyes of God, that is how holy He is. He cannot have sin in His immediate presence, He would consume it. Again, this is the essence of the law, showing us just how unworty we are to live eternally with God on our own efforts. It is to point us to the One who paid for all our sins and gives us HIS righteousness in place of our own, which is as filthy rags. Only by trusting in Jesus can a man ever hope to live eternally with the Lord.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
klubbhead024 said:
For all the believers;

Thinking itself is the "sin". Think about it: all the things God "likes" are those that come when there's nothing to stress about: love, compassion, kindness, etc. It's when you start thinking about things that you have "problems"! And then you start hating and ranting and murdering little babies.

It makes sense, you know it does.