• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can an Atheist Commit Mortal Sin?

logician

I have been wondering about this lately. To commit a mortal sin, among other things, you must know and accept that it is a mortal sin. Would an atheist be able to do this? Where, if it exists, is the line between knowing and believing? Peace!

No, to me "sin" does not exist. And I am certainly not beholden to other's religious beliefs.

capslockf9

lying could be a sin. Gossiping and assuming are form of lying - mostly lying to one self. The self is not a concrete solid real entity and can can easily be corrupted. Gossiping, assuming and just flat out lying may or may not hurt the other person but it will always always corrupt the self. Killers stealers and liars are corrupt. it is not a religious thing but with any of the above mentioned you can kill something good