• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a Good Economy Buy Your Love

Poverty is an idea, love is a reality.
Tell that to a Syrian refugee starving to death. But you probably think that is just an idea and starving people don't actually exist. Romanticism and idealism are quaint but they never put food on the table or alleviate suffering. I can't buy groceries with love.

Tambourine

Tell that to a Syrian refugee starving to death. But you probably think that is just an idea and starving people don't actually exist. Romanticism and idealism are quaint but they never put food on the table or alleviate suffering. I can't buy groceries with love.
Most of us will be dying in misery eventually, it's only natural. We'll see poverty and misery on a global scale in a couple decades, and nobody will care, or they will kill a couple of scapegoats to feel better about starving to death.

Might as well fall in love before we drop dead.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
can money buy you happiness? would you like that midas touch?

Not money can certainly not buy you happiness.

I mean, access to healthcare, food, shelter, etc, are all pretty important for happiness, to be honest.
However, once you have enough money to cater for your needs, and a few wants, additional money doesn't do too much to make you 'happier'...imho.