• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Campaigning together for the wrong thing.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34352475

Mr Farage told the BBC: "Our conference will not be about me, it will not be about UKIP.

"It will be about the fact we're celebrating we've got a national referendum on our membership of the union - something that UKIP has striven for, for over two decades."

And he indicated there would be a "coming together of all the people in Britain who want to leave the EU".

"I've been told before that the Eurosceptics all hate each other, there are too many egos. Well, we're going to surprise you at Doncaster with a show of unity that has not been seen before."

Oh Mr. Farage, you don't know whether you're coming nor going. I'm a Eurosceptic but I will not "come together" with the likes of Ukip supporters. They don't know what to stand for--as long as they can control the borders.
What a shambles.

Princeps Eugenius

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34352475

Mr Farage told the BBC: "Our conference will not be about me, it will not be about UKIP.

"It will be about the fact we're celebrating we've got a national referendum on our membership of the union - something that UKIP has striven for, for over two decades."

And he indicated there would be a "coming together of all the people in Britain who want to leave the EU".

"I've been told before that the Eurosceptics all hate each other, there are too many egos. Well, we're going to surprise you at Doncaster with a show of unity that has not been seen before."

Oh Mr. Farage, you don't know whether you're coming nor going. I'm a Eurosceptic but I will not "come together" with the likes of Ukip supporters. They don't know what to stand for--as long as they can control the borders.
What a shambles.
Why, do you consider UKIP a bad party? For which reasons, arent they also conservative-capitalists?

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Why, do you consider UKIP a bad party? For which reasons, arent they also conservative-capitalists?

Not really, a political party driven by capitalism would not win 1% of the vote. They favour the mixed economy.

As for why: they want to take the WTO Option of Brexit, whereas I favour the far more sensible and riskless EEA/EFTA route.

WTO would put is in the passenger seat--with the Union leading the way.
The Norway Option would place us side by side, yet apart in terms of most political connection.

Princeps Eugenius

Not really, a political party driven by capitalism would not win 1% of the vote. They favour the mixed economy.

As for why: they want to take the WTO Option of Brexit, whereas I favour the far more sensible and riskless EEA/EFTA route.

WTO would put is in the passenger seat--with the Union leading the way.
The Norway Option would place us side by side, yet apart in terms of most political connection.
Sounds like youre very well informed on this subject and have a formed grounded opinion. I dont know anything about this but i have heard that UKIP struggled with racist and far right-wing labels when they first formed. So i thought your main disagreement would also be around these reasons.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
I dont know anything about this but i have heard that UKIP struggled with racist and far right-wing labels when they first formed. So i thought your main disagreement would also be around these reasons.

They never really were problems for the political motivation of the party--after all, what Councillors say has no value whatsoever to be honest. It's just that the media will sling mud at anything running against the status quo.
They certainly are not a far right party, either!

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Sounds like youre very well informed on this subject and have a formed grounded opinion. I dont know anything about this but i have heard that UKIP struggled with racist and far right-wing labels when they first formed. So i thought your main disagreement would also be around these reasons.

UKIP has been, and still is, saturated with racist and homophobic people.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
A great boost for the NO campaign today, it appears that Blair, Brown & Major are heading up the YES campaign. Seems like they are using the same strategy that was so successful in the Independence campaign

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...st-front-push-to-stay-in-the-eu-a6689516.html

It's not a no campaign.
Mmmm well doesn't it just fill you with a warm, fuzzy feeling to know that Blair is on your side.

Although, saying this, the leave side has a pathetic Matthew Elliot and a certain Farage that bangs on about immigration--immigration that would still be in the 100,000s under Conservative government.