• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

came across this today

Maya3

Came across this website How to share the gospel to Hindus | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
and then read where he ask Hindus to read this first:
Hindus, please read this first | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

He says thathe welcomes input from us...well if you feel like taking on a challenge, go for it.

Not sure I will, but it irks me how he first says that he respects our tradition, but then of course says that Jesus is the ONLY way for all men. (I guess I'm off the hook since I'm a lady ;)

Maya

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Looks like friendship evangelism to me. Those guys have so many strategies. :)

I think in general we're just so much more aware these days. When I was in India, a ton of people told me stories of deception, etc. Eventually word gets around that these guys and their saviour can't really add much to your life. I think eventually they'll just give up. It may take another 50 years or so, but the day will come. The trend now is certainly to non-religion. it's the fastest growing 'religion' on the planet.

The basic idea that 'I'm right and you're wrong." is so incredibly easy to see through.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Intercultural conflict is a one way street when it's basically a taker meeting a giver. Entire dharmic societies were wiped out because of it. In the old days of proselytising, people didn't understand what the motive was, so there was great success. A look into the native people's in North America though books like 'The True story of Pocahontas' is an eye-opener.

I hope Modi passes a law, but over here in america, if an immigrant takes a job is some rural place where they're outnumbered 99 to 1, it's gonna be tougher. That's why we have to watch out for it, and invite our folks to our temples. I can see the sad reaction of some wife or mother of a temporary foreign worker who goes home and says, 'BTW, Amma, while I was In America I became a Christian.'

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I can see the sad reaction of some wife or mother of a temporary foreign worker who goes home and says, 'BTW, Amma, while I was In America I became a Christian.'

Many Hindus, though now changing due to growing irreligious identification & the Internet, just don't know how to defend themselves against proselytization or such situations. They usually satiate the situation with a common and inflated misnomer: all religions are the same. Very few will actually know how to refute such radical approaches.

Proselytization is hate speech. And this video illustrates this reality perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]mmXpJuEnNnw[/youtube]​

Last edited:

Kalidas

Many Hindus, though now changing due to growing irreligious identification & the Internet, just don't know how to defend themselves against proselytization or such situations. They usually satiate the situation with a common and inflated misnomer: all religions are the same. Very few will actually know how to rebuff such radical approaches.

Proselytization is hate speech. And this video illustrates this reality perfectly:

I love these guys and their videos.

Kalidas

Looks like friendship evangelism to me. Those guys have so many strategies. :)

I think in general we're just so much more aware these days. When I was in India, a ton of people told me stories of deception, etc. Eventually word gets around that these guys and their saviour can't really add much to your life. I think eventually they'll just give up. It may take another 50 years or so, but the day will come. The trend now is certainly to non-religion. it's the fastest growing 'religion' on the planet.

The basic idea that 'I'm right and you're wrong." is so incredibly easy to see through.

I like the part when he said he spent hours, HOURS studying Hinduism. I appreciate his attempts to be nice but yes it sounds like a Trojan horse kind if thing. Here is this gift I give you now open it up and we attack!

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I like the part when he said he spent hours, HOURS studying Hinduism. I appreciate his attempts to be nice but yes it sounds like a Trojan horse kind if thing. Here is this gift I give you now open it up and we attack!

At least the Achaeans did it in style. This, on the other hand, is hopelessly classless.​

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
The utter destruction brought on by the "For God, Gold, and Glory" mindset:
We found these kingdoms in such good order, and the said Incas governed them in such wise [manner] that throughout them there was not a thief, nor a vicious man, nor an adulteress, nor was a bad woman admitted among them, nor were there immoral people. The men had honest and useful occupations. The lands, forests, mines, pastures, houses and all kinds of products were regulated and distributed in such sort that each one knew his property without any other person seizing it or occupying it, nor were there law suits respecting it… the motive which obliges me to make this statement is the discharge of my conscience, as I find myself guilty. For we have destroyed by our evil example, the people who had such a government as was enjoyed by these natives. They were so free from the committal of crimes or excesses, as well men as women, that the Indian who had 100,000 pesos worth of gold or silver in his house, left it open merely placing a small stick against the door, as a sign that its master was out. With that, according to their custom, no one could enter or take anything that was there. When they saw that we put locks and keys on our doors, they supposed that it was from fear of them, that they might not kill us, but not because they believed that anyone would steal the property of another. So that when they found that we had thieves among us, and men who sought to make their daughters commit sin, they despised us."
source

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
The utter destruction brought on by the "For God, Gold, and Glory" mindset:
We found these kingdoms in such good order, and the said Incas governed them in such wise [manner] that throughout them there was not a thief, nor a vicious man, nor an adulteress, nor was a bad woman admitted among them, nor were there immoral people. The men had honest and useful occupations. The lands, forests, mines, pastures, houses and all kinds of products were regulated and distributed in such sort that each one knew his property without any other person seizing it or occupying it, nor were there law suits respecting it… the motive which obliges me to make this statement is the discharge of my conscience, as I find myself guilty. For we have destroyed by our evil example, the people who had such a government as was enjoyed by these natives. They were so free from the committal of crimes or excesses, as well men as women, that the Indian who had 100,000 pesos worth of gold or silver in his house, left it open merely placing a small stick against the door, as a sign that its master was out. With that, according to their custom, no one could enter or take anything that was there. When they saw that we put locks and keys on our doors, they supposed that it was from fear of them, that they might not kill us, but not because they believed that anyone would steal the property of another. So that when they found that we had thieves among us, and men who sought to make their daughters commit sin, they despised us."
source

... bump ...

We need more of this sort of thing. VIGIL Online - CLOSING WORD: Who is afraid of the Hindu nation?

The entire Hindu population needs to be aware of the danger, and politely close the door.

A very frightening truth/reality ! :(

Maya3

I would love to read the True Story of Pocahontas. I will look for it. And I'll check out the links you posted too Vinayaka.

Kalidas, yes HOURS...hrmn well yes you must have a VERY good understanding of Hinduism.

Maya

Maya3

Many Hindus, though now changing due to growing irreligious identification & the Internet, just don't know how to defend themselves against proselytization or such situations. They usually satiate the situation with a common and inflated misnomer: all religions are the same. Very few will actually know how to refute such radical approaches.

Oh yes! This video would seem crazy and eccaturated (SP???) if it wasn't true.
I unfortunately have a sister in law that is exactly like the man on the left.

Maya

Kalidas

We need more of this sort of thing. VIGIL Online - CLOSING WORD: Who is afraid of the Hindu nation?

The entire Hindu population needs to be aware of the danger, and politely close the door.

That was a very informative article. So are NGOs similar to lobbyists ? In America we have lobbyists who speak to government officials on behalf of companies and "special interest" groups.
I remember when I was leaving the Christian faith I used to believe that the " opposite" religion was Satanism, I now know how wrong I was. I feel that many things Hinduism teaches goes entirely against Christian and Muslim dogma and the few similarities are superficial at best. That makes us a threat, more importantly that makes India a threat.

Kalidas

Oh yes! This video would seem crazy and eccaturated (SP???) if it wasn't true.
I unfortunately have a sister in law that is exactly like the man on the left.

Maya

You have no idea how many times I have to hear "Christians are being persecuted in America and it is OKAY!" It drives me insane. I just respond with "There are 4 churches within walking distance of my house, one of them is across the street from my house. The nearest Hindu temple is an hour away... you are not being persecuted shut up!"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In India, the anti-conversion stuff is about all the unethical methods like co-ercion, threats, food, etc. , in other words FORCED conversion. It's not about not converting on your own volition without the unethical stuff associated with it. But that's not at all how it gets portrayed. The lobbyists would have you believe that all conversions will be banned and there will be a slow but sure 'cleansing' of all non-Hindus. That's not the case at all.

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
In India, the anti-conversion stuff is about all the unethical methods like co-ercion, threats, food, etc. , in other words FORCED conversion. It's not about not converting on your own volition without the unethical stuff associated with it. But that's not at all how it gets portrayed. The lobbyists would have you believe that all conversions will be banned and there will be a slow but sure 'cleansing' of all non-Hindus. That's not the case at all.

The soul-collecting business: one of the greatest hypocrisies to have ever existed, if not the greatest.​

I really dislike people who try to force others to believe that their religion is the only true one... I read through that link, it just doesn't sit right with me.

It's fine to have faith in something or someone and to discuss it with others if it's appropriate but I find proselytizing very distasteful. It's basically telling the other person that their religion is false and that there's only one way to go when, quite frankly, we just can't know which religions are right or wrong. This is why there are so many religions, because when it comes to faith, what people to choose to believe in is very subjective.

Today some people came to my door to try to show me some flyers for their religion. I politely declined, but I found that very rude. They have their answers, how do they know I don't have a religion that gives me my answers already?

I also find it very sad how often religion was used to justify some of the atrocities of colonialism. :( You'd think people would be over trying to impose their religion, no matter what it is, on others by now.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Jesus is the ONLY way for all men.
Of course, Jesus was not a European or an Asian, he was a Semite and spoke Aramaic. His world was very different from that of India. There were thousands of apocalyptic prophets before and after Jesus in that area of the world. Each one had a ministry from God. After Jesus came Mohammad, Bahaullah, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad in East and Joseph Smith and others in the West. The process is never going to stop. Hinduism is not thousand religions in one, it is one religion in thousand ways. You just have one WAY. We can tell you a hundred ways for deliverance. We do not have apologists in Hinduism. Why does Christianity need them? And pray, tell us, when did your God create the universe?