• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling the Calif State FTB

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So this is really a pain.
Call the number. Wait through advertisements in English and Spanish. Wade through several menu selections.
Get to some point where you enter your tax information. Another series of menus. Hear a recording of some information about your tax status. Then silence for about a minute. Then maybe two minutes of something that sounds like a lion purring. Finally, maybe 15 minutes after first placing the call more menu options that if you select anyone of you get returned to a previous menu to start your journey all over. Then a pause, finally you here a press to speak with a representative.

Still not an actual person, but you have the opportunity to enter your phone number and hope for a callback.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
been there with the FTB, I feel your pain and I'm happy to not live in CA any more.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Pretty much everything is backed up due to larger than normal traffic. Such as the EDD. Or the ACA website when it was rolled out.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So this is really a pain.
Call the number. Wait through advertisements in English and Spanish. Wade through several menu selections.
Get to some point where you enter your tax information. Another series of menus. Hear a recording of some information about your tax status. Then silence for about a minute. Then maybe two minutes of something that sounds like a lion purring. Finally, maybe 15 minutes after first placing the call more menu options that if you select anyone of you get returned to a previous menu to start your journey all over. Then a pause, finally you here a press to speak with a representative.

Still not an actual person, but you have the opportunity to enter your phone number and hope for a callback.
Welcome to the early stages of Ai dystopia.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
FTB? You mean "Franchise Tax Board" presumably?

I've dealt with phone menu hell from businesses and government. What you described to me is sadly all too common in every large organization. I have bookmarked one or two 'get human' web sites which tells you how to break out of phone menu hell and get a real human on the line.