• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling all traders. What do you think?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
My instincts were telling me to get out before the third quarter results. I was looking at my options. Now I think I'm to late. Any one see an upside to this market.

A

angellous_evangellous

Investments in Angellous yeild a 30% return every quarter, every time.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Actually, it is a good time to be an investor. Stocks are cheaper this week. Long term quality stocks will pay off, just not in the near future.

Just remember, bears have to eat too. If you want to make a fast buck, short something.

Next time you get that little feeling to get out of the market, sell some of your positions.

I like apple stock and gold and silver positions.

The thing is, I'm not betting the farm on anything. Cash is king.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Actually, it is a good time to be an investor. Stocks are cheaper this week. Long term quality stocks will pay off, just not in the near future.

Just remember, bears have to eat too. If you want to make a fast buck, short something.

Next time you get that little feeling to get out of the market, sell some of your positions.

I like apple stock and gold and silver positions.

The thing is, I'm not betting the farm on anything. Cash is king.

I agree that stocks are cheaper, I just see them getting more cheaper. I was sure Gold and Silver were ballooning but now I see governments buying positions in them. Not sure if it is to late.

I did shift shares around but to late realized I should of went to cash, but then I'm not holding out for the cash market either (see gold and silver)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I agree that stocks are cheaper, I just see them getting more cheaper. I was sure Gold and Silver were ballooning but now I see governments buying positions in them. Not sure if it is to late.

I did shift shares around but to late realized I should of went to cash, but then I'm not holding out for the cash market either (see gold and silver)

Thats the thing Bob, you can't wait till something happens to make your move. If you believe you can get a better bargain later wait.... but not too long or you will miss the free ride.

I'm often wrong, so I move in increments and never go all in or out.

If you have a 10-20 year window, I would start buying under valued quality stocks perhaps 25% this week and another 25% next month and continue the trend as long as things are going in your direction.

I like gold, but the people trading gold seem to be making all the money. It's expensive getting in and expensive selling later.

I bought gold at 330 an ounce and got my original investment back when it hit 1,000.

I'm holding the other 2/3 for the long ride, but may unload another third around 2,000.

I have some copper mining stocks, but don't see anything to get excited about in the near future.

I'm old so 80% of my portfolio is secure and I have a ball gambling with the other 20%.

My son is 25% secure, 50% tech stocks, 25% silver and gold right now. I consider his position aggressive, but he has time to rebound if he makes a mistake.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I'm 25 percent secure 70% stocks and 5% bonds right now. I was actually thinking of moving 50% secure and wasn't sure how to address the rest.

Up until recently I had pretty good results manipulating the market. Right now I'm undecided. I actually still see a further collaspe of the market. If we get a short term bump I still plan to get more secure. I'm not sure waiting for the bump is a good thing though.

The summer is usually not a time that you need to make major moves and I think this is why I got caught and am so undecided.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I'm 25 percent secure 70% stocks and 5% bonds right now. I was actually thinking of moving 50% secure and wasn't sure how to address the rest.

Up until recently I had pretty good results manipulating the market. Right now I'm undecided. I actually still see a further collaspe of the market. If we get a short term bump I still plan to get more secure. I'm not sure waiting for the bump is a good thing though.

The summer is usually not a time that you need to make major moves and I think this is why I got caught and am so undecided.

The best advice I can give you is to act, not react. Trust your gut and move against the trends, just not all at once.