• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burning the Koran...

IslamDude

The Islam Dude
If you believe otherwise, it may as well be a free-for-all.

I'm just saying, when am in Jamaica and my friend tells me not to wear certain colours on Kingston street or I'm gonna get killed, I don't challenge them sayign "hey I'm wearing blue on your streets cause I believe it's immoral if you kill me" I just leave them to their ignorant and cruel mindset and don't wear freakin blue mate.

As I said. If something ****** people off in multitudes to the point they'll kill you. Before you start talking about immorality. Just don't freakin do it.

Wombat

I'm a little behind for skipping a day but I'm going to respond to a few of the stated issues and perspective I've noticed reading through most of this thread again.

Picking up on this because I think the issues you raise are important in that they reflect much Western attitude/thinking.

Couple things expressed along and throughout here that I think are fairly irrelevant.
Mostly, the confusion of WHEN and WHERE we are talking about, try HEAR and NOW. .

Nope....sory...I don't see anyone raising ancient history...the referances made have been to recent/modern times.
If you are trying to get any insight/understanding of contemporary events you cannot dismiss everything that happened from WWI untill "now" as yesterdays news.

I personally have alot of issues with what christians have done in history....But WE(none of us) can do anything about the crusades or any thing else in history.

Not being able to do anything "about" history (ie change it) does not mean we cannot do anything >with< it. We can, I would say must, understand and learn from it.
"The seeds of our future are nurtured by the fruits of our past"...we either learn from history or are condemmed to repeat the same mistakes.

"Our current day and age" that myself and others have tried to imply is not from WWII till now. It's NOW....

Ah huh.....And right >NOW< young Americans and young Australians are fighting, killing and being killed in a country called 'Iraq'. The boarders of that country are not 'natural' (oceans/mountain ranges) they are man made. Which men made them and why? Westerners-
Western powers set out to deliberately create a basket case country that would be so weakened by internal strife that those powers could manipulate and milk its resourses.

Please....just for a moment imagine the US defeated and occupied by Japan in WWII (or by any foreign power)...and the Northern States incorperated in the new nation Canadaistan and the Southern States incorperated in Mexanbul.

Seriously...How freakin long before the Sons of Liberty are strapping on explosive belts to bring an end to that?

.......what can you do about injustices of the past? what can I do? ....

Learn from them! Understand them! Put yourself in the other Joe's shoes for a second and try to understand why he is feeling what he's feeling and doing what he's doing. You/I don't need to agree with his actions ...but we do need to understand them and the history that led to them.

I'm talking about problems now, the ongoings of today, this year, this month, now and more importantly...tomorrow. ....

Yup....problem is you cannot seperate "today, this year, this month, now and more importantly...tomorrow" fom yesterday, last year and eighty years ago/living memory in which decisions were made that profoundly effect >NOW<.

In example: I think it sucks what white english peoples did to blacks in this country....and what white americans did to them for a long time after that. However, as a white american today, I don't personally owe the black man in america anything for this transgression....I wasn't part of it, he wasn't part of it either. As a whole we prob shouldn't forget about it, but we should kinda move on into the now.....

Australians share a paralell history (on a much smaller scale in terms of slavery) and an equaly poor (or worse) history of treatment of Indigenous population. Again...the
"personally owe " debt I percieve is primarily one of being informed and seeking to understand how those past events impact on those communities (materialy/ psychologicaly) now >today<.

To turn the question...at what point should the US take 9/11 and "forget about it... kinda move on into the now"?....When does your painful experience become
irrelevant history?

And you can call me crazy if you like, but, ummm, the KKK is a joke,.....

The clan was a serious and deadly joke conducted by a small but powerful group of fanatics within the context of the greater USA.
In exactly the same way that terrorists are a serious and deadly joke conducted by a small but powerful group of fanatics within the context of greater Islam.

the Klan has been a joke for friggin years and for years and years before it was predominatly scare tactics....yes, they linched some negros back in the day,,.....

:facepalm:
Please....study your own national history-
"The Tuskegee Institute has recorded 3,446 lynchings of Blacks and 1,297 lynchings of whites between 1882 and 1968"
Lynching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

" All incarnations of the Klan have well-established records of engaging in terrorism,"

"At its peak in the mid-1920s, the organization claimed to include about 15% of the nation's eligible population, approximately 4–5 million men. Internal divisions, criminal behavior by leaders, and external opposition brought about a collapse in membership, which had dropped to about 30,000 by 1930"
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No right thinking white american want's any of these idiots speaking for us.

Yup. Just like no right thinking Moslem wants anyAl-Qaeda idiots speaking or acting for them.

BUT...Besides all that....and more importantly. What's left of the KKK today doesn't and can't opperate in an overly overt terrorist manner because....WE(the, the slightly more cival majority) have imposed, and enforce great penalties for such actions..

Yea...Just like the biggest Muslim nation in the world in its crack down on terrorism-
The Quiet Achiever: Islam, Democracy and Indonesia's Response to Terrorism - The Henry Jackson Society

America is not having much sucess in its designated region of interest- the Midle East?...............Gee........I wonder why?........Think it might have something to do with its 'history'?

There are no "holy men" in america teaching kids to wear suicide belts....i'm sorry.....

Your right....they are Un holy men in Congress and the "suicide belts" come in all shapes and sizes-
Jesus killed Mohammed: The crusade for a Christian military http://www.harpers.org/archive/2009/05/0082488

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794

Heh, holy men in america just want dollars. .....

Yup...And that means keeping the Military Industrial Complex going even when the old reliable enemy (Soviet Union) has folded.

You are aware that the Pentagon had said (prior to Iraq war) it did not need or want the level of Military expenditure and was looking at >fourty years< of scale back and conversion to civilian industrial need?

However America kills and takes, for power and greed...these are at least human things we can understand, real things. I started this about imaginary things, religion, not polotics......

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!???

"America kills and takes, for power and greed" AND THAT IS "UNDERSTANDABLE" because its about "real things"!!!!!!!!!!????????????? :facepalm:

Jesus H Joe! Don't you think that in the face of "killing and taking, for power and greed" that people might resort to >ANYTHING< (religious or political) to stop it????

I certianly think anyone who uses their God as a reason or excuse for violence certianly has the wrong God. The wrong message to his fellow man. The wrong approach to everything life is.

Yea Joe.....lousy "reason".....not half as good as "killing and taking, for power and greed"..."things we can understand, real things".

Sorry...I tried.....but that's a discussion killer:thud: