• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bundling Religious Capital enterprise like ETFs

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Do you invest in Exchange-Traded Funds? I do. Because sooner or later the high interest rates will kick in and bonds will be a bad investment, but ETFs provide an alternative to bonds but will not drop in value at the same rate as bonds in a high interest environment.

I have the ability to move investments from one fund or investment type within a portfolio, you should include ETFs in yours, invest some now, and have the ability to move money in as quick as possible away from bonds to ETF as your "secure" holding when the time is ready.

There are more and more options on investment types than ever before, and more are coming. Hope you like ETFs as I do!

And this brings up an interesting concept for religious organizations - bundling religious organization's enterprise as a fund across sects. There are religious organizatiins which run business and pay taxes on their profits - an example would be the Mormon Church and the Polynesian Cultural Center in Oahu. I loved the show "HA! Breath of Life", and they are making profits. Yes, there is a question of the thin line between a tax free or tax shelter status while also running other businesses for profit while paying taxes. In the example of this entertainment and cultural center, taxes are collected from the ticket sales, shop sales, food sales and so on. They hire Mormon students so they earn for college. There is no proselytizing. They are not alone in crossing over into such business and paying taxes, I have seen some Hindu sects do this, Catholic, Islam and others.

Now imagine multiple religious groups bundling such industry into a fund, Hindu, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan, etc.. You may think this sounds crazy, but it is not. Any effort to establish such a fund would not be without hurdles by hate groups, government control freaks, sect to sect bigotry of other religions, but ... it could happen. Of course it will never be an ETF, but I think it is possible to do in the US, UAE, South Africa, UK and India, Ireland. It would be a global fund.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Clever idea, Shiva. There are socially conscious mutual funds. You can start there. You can Google them.