• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddhas

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don’t know to ask this any other way. What is the difference between the two Buddhas?
The word Buddha means enlighten being or awaken one, someone who has realized the higher truth. Not truth of only this human realm but all truth of all existence.

But two Buddhas do not need to be at the same wisdom level. In Buddhism, it is spoken about Tathagata the level of wisdom Sakyamuni (historical Buddha) But the buddhas who are not known to the main public people can and have higher wisdom levels then Sakyamuni reached.
for someone who as opened the wisdom eye or third eye as it is called, can when looking at an enlighten being seen the sign of Buddha (the swastika) And no Swastika was not made by Hitler, he only misused it to evil deeds.

The swastika is a symbol of enlightenment and the more swastika there are on an enlighten being, the higher his or her wisdom level has risen

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Are you thinking of the skinny Buddha and the fat "Buddha", the skinny one is usually Shakyamuni the historical Buddha, the fat one is based on the philosopher Confucious and is not really a Buddha at all.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
The word Buddha means enlighten being or awaken one, someone who has realized the higher truth. Not truth of only this human realm but all truth of all existence.

But two Buddhas do not need to be at the same wisdom level. In Buddhism, it is spoken about Tathagata the level of wisdom Sakyamuni (historical Buddha) But the buddhas who are not known to the main public people can and have higher wisdom levels then Sakyamuni reached.
for someone who as opened the wisdom eye or third eye as it is called, can when looking at an enlighten being seen the sign of Buddha (the swastika) And no Swastika was not made by Hitler, he only misused it to evil deeds.

The swastika is a symbol of enlightenment and the more swastika there are on an enlighten being, the higher his or her wisdom level has risen

Thank you. I had a student from Sri Lanka and the Buddha in his religion looked very different from the Buddha that is seen in Asian culture. Can you explain more?

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
Are you thinking of the skinny Buddha and the fat "Buddha", the skinny one is usually Shakyamuni the historical Buddha, the fat one is based on the philosopher Confucious and is not really a Buddha at all.

Yes that is what I meant. Thank you!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thank you. I had a student from Sri Lanka and the Buddha in his religion looked very different from the Buddha that is seen in Asian culture. Can you explain more?
Buddha we have in statue today are actually picture idea from greek history and sculpting, Even statue supposed to be Sakyamuni is not correct :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is no Buddha inside the statue, but if done correctly the statue can be concecrated to have a Buddha within it, then this buddha protect the area.

Katja

Different regions and time periods have different styles for Buddha images. Unfortunately I wasn't sure what to Google to find websites that talk about this, but you can see different styles-- for example, in Buddha statues-- in and within Thailand, Burma/Myanmar, Laos, Japan, China, etc.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The Buddhist philosophies are separate from depictions of Buddha in various regions. Philosophies are from Buddha and Buddhist scholars, depiction is from the Buddhist people, however they see their Buddha.