• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

buddha is the best way

coldrock

as an atheist if i had to choose a religion to live by it would be buddhaism. i believe the philosophy that buddha taught is a fair, ethical and most moral religion of them all. I am deciding to learn as much about buddhaism, casue buddhaism isn't about a belief in a god but a belief in a philosophy. I am interested in this philopsopy and is curious about the practice of buddhaism in australia. there are no temples of the sort so how would i start following the beliefs of a buddhaist.

I'm thinking buddhaism might relieve me of some extra anger. I am very aggressive when people get on the wrong side of me so i am wondering if buddhaism might do the trick.

Ori

Angel slayer
To you it may be better, but not for the rest of us.
Buddha is still cool though.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
coldrock said:
as an atheist if i had to choose a religion to live by it would be buddhaism. i believe the philosophy that buddha taught is a fair, ethical and most moral religion of them all. I am deciding to learn as much about buddhaism, casue buddhaism isn't about a belief in a god but a belief in a philosophy. I am interested in this philopsopy and is curious about the practice of buddhaism in australia. there are no temples of the sort so how would i start following the beliefs of a buddhaist.

I'm thinking buddhaism might relieve me of some extra anger. I am very aggressive when people get on the wrong side of me so i am wondering if buddhaism might do the trick.
Buddhism is practice. Practice consists primarily of meditation in various forms. One of the interesting side benefits of this is that one can begin practice with no belief what so ever, and test it for oneself.

I know there are a number of different flavors of Buddhism in practice in Australia. I will look for some links to different groups. Is there any area of the country I should concentrate on?

Lloyd

Everything in Buddhism centers around suffering and putting out like water on a flame. Extinguish is a really good way verb to describe what is done in Buddhism. Though there is a lot of philosophy, the philosophy is only the means toward the end of extinguishing suffering. That philosophy is also some of the most elegant in human history and quite enjoyable to read.

Always take time to sit. And when you sit, don't meditate. Just sit there like you've never sat before: mindfully. Once that's been refined to a high art you will be well on your way.