• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels Under Attack

Kirran

Premium Member
We just an historic shift from the Obama administration to have the State Dept. actually declare what the rest of the world has know for awhile- that ISIS is committing genocide against Christians. The End Times appear to upon us. It's easy to envision the Biblical prophecy of Jews fighting across the river Jordan; ISIS or the next incarnation of evil that Satan summons are on track to bring a thousand years of war and famine and torture and sodomy and hopelessness to the world. I wish I could believe in the Rapture like some of my fundamentalist brethren, but it feels like an unrealistic fantasy. The war will be the last one fought on Earth, and Christians will steadily lose, until such time as they win with the return of JESUS.

On that sodomy note - ISIS throws all people convicted of being engaged in any kind of homosexual activity or relationship off roof-tops, and then stones them to death if they're still alive.

So if that ranks up there with war, famine and torture for you, then at least you're safe from it.

skl

A man on a mission
This is the problem: both factions think they will win, they with 'God is Great' Allah and Christians with their conquering general, Jesus. Both are systematically insane and threaten the rest of us with their religiously motivated machinations. Maybe we need a strong world government to impose a strict Separation of Church and State policy across the board, and severely limit what organized religions can and cannot do in public places and on the government dime.

These terrorists will never respect anything that is not of their own brand of Islamic faith. We know this because this includes killing other denominations of Islamic Muslims with as much hate and bloodshed as they conduct on the rest of the world and the West will have no choice but to stop accepting any immigrants from any source including other western countries.

The Western countries also do not have an exclusive right to fix the ISIS and other Muslim terrorist problems and it is becoming a question when, not if, Russia and China decide to flex their muscles and absolutely wipe out most of the Middle East, after all these countries do not concern themselves with collateral damage as the West does.

This may be a politically and socially acceptable answer for the West.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-Syria-Boost-for-Putin-in-battle-against-ISIS

skl

A man on a mission
There are situations where violence is the only answer when a peaceful solution will not, or cannot, be assessed or possibly even understood by so many ideologically driven, deluded and insane people that make up ISIS

skl

A man on a mission
Christians will steadily lose, until such time as they win with the return of JESUS.

You have identified one of the major problems of humanity, ancient mythology has no place in this modern scientific world.

Jumi

Their jihad is worldwide against all civilized societies.

Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded and occupied.
Attacks on Belgium were not motivated by these invasions or the terrorists were even more greatly ignorant than previously though. Belgium being against the invasions. But it didn't matter to them since they weren't from either country.

Their war is against everyone who doesn't agree with them. They will destroy Muslim, Christian and Atheist that doesn't agree with their ideology.

this is not a religious attack they are no more Muslim then the men who attack clinics and shoot up churches are Christians they are just messed up people using a religion to give them a reason to do what they do

Demonslayer

A Scotsman is someone from or someone who's ancestors are from Scotland totally different than religion. You can choose your Religion but you can't choose where your from or where your ancestors are from.

I was referring to the "no true Scotsman" logical fallacy. Here's an overly simplified summary:
-----------------------------------
No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing"), rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing"; i.e., those who perform that action are not part of our group and thus criticism of that action is not criticism of the group).

Philosophy professor Bradley Dowden explains the fallacy as an "ad hoc rescue" of a refuted generalization attempt.[1] The following is a simplified rendition of the fallacy:[3]

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus likes sugar with his porridge."
Person A: "Ah yes, but no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

I was referring to the "no true Scotsman" logical fallacy. Here's an overly simplified summary:
-----------------------------------
No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing"), rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing"; i.e., those who perform that action are not part of our group and thus criticism of that action is not criticism of the group).

Philosophy professor Bradley Dowden explains the fallacy as an "ad hoc rescue" of a refuted generalization attempt.[1] The following is a simplified rendition of the fallacy:[3]

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus likes sugar with his porridge."
Person A: "Ah yes, but no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
thank you good sir, but I have a question what I really meant in a way is that what a a very few people do in context of a religion I do not broad stroke the entire religion as beeing like that person. for example I do not consider all Christians to be like WBC (Westboro Baptist Church) is that at least not a "No true Scotsman?"

Demonslayer

I have a question what I really meant in a way is that what a a very few people do in context of a religion I do not broad stroke the entire religion as beeing like that person.

That is a wise course of action and I do the same.

for example I do not consider all Christians to be like WBC (Westboro Baptist Church) is that at least not a "No true Scotsman?"

Of course the WBC are the fringe and not only are all Christians not like that, very very few are like that.

However, the few Christians that ARE like that, are indeed Christians. That's what the No True Scotsman fallacy is about. Christians who want to disassociate themselves with people like Westboro Baptist will say "well they aren't REAL Christians." That's the fallacy. They ARE Christians and they are using the same Bible to justify their hate-filled action as other Christians who use it to justify their kind actions.

The main problem with the fallacy is that it avoids the issue. In analysis of the question "why would Muslim attack and murder all these people in Brussels" if you answer in No True Scotsman form like you did, by saying "those people aren't really Muslims" it avoids the real question. You need to recognize that, despite the fact that these might be the minority of Muslims, they ARE in fact Muslims and to have any hope of properly addressing the problem you need to discuss why SOME Muslims might do such a thing.

To use No True Scotsman, and say "any Muslim who would do such a thing is not really a Muslim" simply sweeps the problem under the rug.

skl

A man on a mission
this is not a religious attack they are no more Muslim then the men who attack clinics and shoot up churches are Christians they are just messed up people using a religion to give them a reason to do what they do

My understanding is that they fight for the Caliphate who is supposed to be the successor to Islamic prophet Muhammad and they are following Islamic law to the letter of the Quran. They are seriously deluded to even consider the wholesale slaughter of humans as holly servitude but they are well beyond that rational thought and in an unstable emotive state of fanaticism that has become a real justification to them as you have when you go to work everyday. God is great and all that is what drives them.

Grumpuss

Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God. Many "moderate" Muslims know that Islamic terrorists are actually devout Muslims.
"Skilled merchants lay farts to the wind to play havoc on their competitors' domestic affairs."

I know they are the same God. The links established in the Bible and Qu'ran establish this. How people choose to worship and (mis)interpret their God's wishes for preference, blood and vengeance is what distinguishes religions from each other and causes critics to hate and persecute. Christianity has had its fair share of innocent blood spilled in defense of the faith.

What the demons and night terrors who lurk in the festering bowels of Judaism, Christianity and Islam fail to appreciate is that the truly righteous don't need to hate others to enter paradise. The servants of darkness are always preparing and scheming, and will forever hold the view that human souls are corruptible and eventually will submit to their attacks. But humanity has a great propensity for goodness, as we are constructed in God's image.

My Muslim neighbors may be cast into a lake of fire, if that is God's will. I will always pray for them and hope I can sway their children to instead join my church. Life is too short to do nothing but hate all the time.

skl

A man on a mission
"Skilled merchants lay farts to the wind to play havoc on their competitors' domestic affairs."

I know they are the same God. The links established in the Bible and Qu'ran establish this. How people choose to worship and (mis)interpret their God's wishes for preference, blood and vengeance is what distinguishes religions from each other and causes critics to hate and persecute. Christianity has had its fair share of innocent blood spilled in defense of the faith.

What the demons and night terrors who lurk in the festering bowels of Judaism, Christianity and Islam fail to appreciate is that the truly righteous don't need to hate others to enter paradise. The servants of darkness are always preparing and scheming, and will forever hold the view that human souls are corruptible and eventually will submit to their attacks. But humanity has a great propensity for goodness, as we are constructed in God's image.

My Muslim neighbors may be cast into a lake of fire, if that is God's will. I will always pray for them and hope I can sway their children to instead join my church. Life is too short to do nothing but hate all the time.

I agree both Islam, Judaism and Christianity are stable mates and if you decide to check it out these religions have moulded themselves on Budda, Krishna, Odysseus, Horus, Heracles and many other gods and religions past and present.

Good luck in converting Muslim children to your church, however make sure if you succeed the consequences do not incite hate within that family.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I agree both Islam, Judaism and Christianity are stable mates and if you decide to check it out these religions have moulded themselves on Budda, Krishna, Odysseus, Horus, Heracles and many other gods and religions past and present.

My own research has led me to believe that original Christianity (ie; 'Nazarenes) was modelled after Eastern religions, where the life force is the breath, rather than how modern Christianity is modelled after pagan religions such as Mithraism, where the life force is the blood. Hence, blood sacrifice and the shedding of divine blood as a means of sin remission, which Yeshua's teachings did not include. Essentially, what occurred is that Paul and Rome simply overwrote the teachings of Yeshua with those of Mithra as a means of gaining mass appeal (and control of the masses). Eastern practices were much more difficult than simply kneeling and professing 'Jesus' as one's 'Lord and Savior', a no-brainer. IOW, one didn't actually have to know anything in order to be 'saved'.

Crypto2015

The Qur'an denies nearly all that it is written in the Old and New Testaments and claims that they have been corrupted and that the Qur'an is the true word of the God of Israel. Taking this into account, it is obvious that they are NOT an Abrahamic faith. Only Christianity and Judaism are Abrahamic faiths because we believe in what the God of Abraham has revealed. Muslims deny what the God of Abraham has revealed.

Flankerl

The Qur'an denies nearly all that it is written in the Old and New Testaments and claims that they have been corrupted and that the Qur'an is the true word of the God of Israel. Taking this into account, it is obvious that they are NOT an Abrahamic faith. Only Christianity and Judaism are Abrahamic faiths because we believe in what the God of Abraham has revealed. Muslims deny what the God of Abraham has revealed.

Hahaha. Christians are so funny. They make the best jokes.

Grumpuss

Well it IS a different religion, but nevertheless most theologians disagree with you that Yahweh and Allah are the same God, only worshiped differently. Only God Himself will judge whether your apparent intolerance will be counted against you. Myself, I try to love all my fellow man.

Crypto2015

Well it IS a different religion, but nevertheless most theologians disagree with you that Yahweh and Allah are the same God, only worshiped differently. Only God Himself will judge whether your apparent intolerance will be counted against you. Myself, I try to love all my fellow man.

I am not telling you to stop loving Muslims. Actually, both of us should love them. What I am telling you is that it is nonsensical to believe that Allah and Yahweh are one and the same because Allah says:

"They say, ‘God has begotten a son.’ God forbid! Self-sufficient is He. His is all that the heavens and the earth contain. Surely for this you have no sanction. Whould you say of God what you know not?" (Qur’an 10:68)

whereas Yahweh says:

"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You." (Psalm 2:7)

and

"And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17)

Grumpuss

I am not telling you to stop loving Muslims. Actually, both of us should love them. What I am telling you is that it is nonsensical to believe that Allah and Yahweh are one and the same because Allah says:

"They say, ‘God has begotten a son.’ God forbid! Self-sufficient is He. His is all that the heavens and the earth contain. Surely for this you have no sanction. Whould you say of God what you know not?" (Qur’an 10:68)

whereas Yahweh says:

"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You." (Psalm 2:7)

and

"And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17)
I don't see anything in there that precludes the likelihood they are the same God. "With God, all things are possible."

Remember your Book of Matthew and try to be more loving of others in the world.