• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brushing your teeth

What do you do when you brush your teeth?

• I walk around, and I don't understand how people can just stay in the bathroom

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I walk around, but I don't think you're crazy if you don't

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I stay in the bathroom, and people who walk around are uncivilised

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I stay in the bathroom, but if you like to walk around that's fine by me

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Aqualung

Tasty
I pretty much cannot stay in the bathroom when I brush my teeth, much to the dismay of my brother. I like to walk around places, like to my computer, or to the kitchen, or just where ever. I even did it in the dorms. My brother thinks it's inappropriate. He thinks the only place to brush teeth is the bathroom. Incidentally, my dad also liked to walk around when he brushed his teeth, until my mom told him to stop... Interesting... What do you do?

Circle_One

I stay in the bathroom and I have to have the door closed. I hate having someone watch me brush my teeth.

Smoke

Done here.
Sometimes I come sit at the computer, sometimes I walk out in the yard, sometimes I go sit on the couch and read. I can only stay in the bathroom while I brush if I have something to read. I can't use the WaterPik because it gets my book wet. My better half thinks I'm nuts, but he always puts one foot up on the sink, which is how he broke the light switch with his knee. At least I'm not tearing up the fixtures. :D

cardero

Citizen Mod
mrscardero talked me into buying one of those expensive Oral-B Triumph electronic toothbrushes. So I suspect for the price of what they cost that some sort of shuttle service is provided and is arriving momentarily to pick us up to chauffer us around the neighborhood while we practice proper efficient dental care.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I walk around; I use an electric toothbrush which cuts out after two minutes. Because I can't stand still for two minutes, I generally walk around; it tends to get on my wife's nerves. My son goes around with an 'air brush' making noises like my brush makes.:D

Bishka

Veteran Member
I walk around doing various tasks and chores so tha tI can more effieciently use my time.

A

angellous_evangellous

Aqualung said:
I pretty much cannot stay in the bathroom when I brush my teeth, much to the dismay of my brother. I like to walk around places, like to my computer, or to the kitchen, or just where ever. I even did it in the dorms. My brother thinks it's inappropriate. He thinks the only place to brush teeth is the bathroom. Incidentally, my dad also liked to walk around when he brushed his teeth, until my mom told him to stop... Interesting... What do you do?

People who walk around are uncivilized.

A long time ago my wife noted that I stand with one hand behind my back when I brush my teeth (not the hand with the toothbrush).:thud:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I stay in the bathroom, but it's OK with me if others walk around. One of our sons can't stand still while brushing his teeth, so it's OK.

I stay because in less than two minutes I would be walking back to the bathroom rinsing out and flossing.

Peace,
Mystic

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
cardero said:
mrscardero talked me into buying one of those expensive Oral-B Triumph electronic toothbrushes. So I suspect for the price of what they cost that some sort of shuttle service is provided and is arriving momentarily to pick us up to chauffer us around the neighborhood while we practice proper efficient dental care.

I once made a comment about electric toothbrushes, I mean, how lazy can someone be that they can't move their arm up and down for a couple of minutes? Someone responded by saying that Wal-mart has to call them electric toothbrushes, because they can't call them vibrators. (they are a family store). :cool: I no longer have an electric toothbrush, it gave me nightmares after I heard that.

fromthe heart

EnhancedSpirit said:
I once made a comment about electric toothbrushes, I mean, how lazy can someone be that they can't move their arm up and down for a couple of minutes? Someone responded by saying that Wal-mart has to call them electric toothbrushes, because they can't call them vibrators. (they are a family store). :cool: I no longer have an electric toothbrush, it gave me nightmares after I heard that.

LOL...I cracked up reading this post...I really like the electric toothbrushes for the kids who just haven't gotten the brushing correctly down pat...I tried one of them but never felt as if I was getting my teeth as clean as using a manual one...they do VIBRATE the particles out of your teeth well though if used correctly but don't seem to do as good a job at reducing plaque as the oral B brand ones seen to...some of the colgate ones are good too but I ALWAYS brush my teeth in the bathroom...I don't relish the idea of toothpaste slinging along with possible germ issues but I have no real problem with anyone wanting to walk around with a toothbrush hanging out of their mouth through the house as long as the slobbers and toothpaste are confined to ones own mouth...:D

cardero

Citizen Mod
EnhancedSpirit said:
Ours comes with three sound settings, dentist drill, jackhammer and floor waxer, it is supposed to promote brushing.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Circle_One said:
I stay in the bathroom and I have to have the door closed. I hate having someone watch me brush my teeth.
I am so totally with you on this. (I thought I was the only one! :D ) I can't stand having someone watch me brush my teeth and I can't stand to watch anybody else brush theirs. We make such a big deal about not talking with your mouth full of food, but for most people it's just fine to walk around frothing at the mouth, carrying on a conversation while the toothpaste spills out the sides of their mouth. Yuck!!!!!! It's disgusting.

Aqualung

Tasty
Katzpur said:
I am so totally with you on this. (I thought I was the only one! :D ) I can't stand having someone watch me brush my teeth and I can't stand to watch anybody else brush theirs. We make such a big deal about not talking with your mouth full of food, but for most people it's just fine to walk around frothing at the mouth, carrying on a conversation while the toothpaste spills out the sides of their mouth. Yuck!!!!!! It's disgusting.
I went over to my uncle's house a couple of summers ago and he got positively livid when I walked out of the bathroom while brushing my teeth. He was scary! :eek:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Aqualung said:
I went over to my uncle's house a couple of summers ago and he got positively livid when I walked out of the bathroom while brushing my teeth. He was scary! :eek:
Well, I never say anything to people who brush their teeth in front of me (my husband learned a long time ago that it was a no-no), but quite honestly, it makes me want to throw up. So I can certainly understand where your uncle was coming from.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Well, I have to stay put, but I hold nothing against those who walk around while brushing their teeth. Unfortunately I don't have the knack for it, and look something rather like a rabid dog while brushing my teeth. I'd have toothpaste all over the flat if I tried to go walkabout. :eek: And, I also don't like people watching me brush my teeth. I'm terribly self-conscious about the whole rabid-dog thing...