• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Lee

Just_me_Mike

Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Little known fact about me, I am a Bruce Lee fanatic, and probably qualified to be a historian of some sort.:sarcastic

Anyone familiar with his philosophies?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Nope but im ready to be educated. Fire away.... or kick away.

PS: Chuck norris is not online now...so better make it fast.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Nope but im ready to be educated. Fire away.... or kick away.

PS: Chuck norris is not online now...so better make it fast.

Chuck Norris is just a two bit hack and a washed up B-actor with only a tired and lame internet meme keeping him relevant.

Just_me_Mike

Bruce Lee was good friends with Chuck Norris, in fact Chuck encouraged Brce to consider kicking above the waste, where bruce was inclined to keep kicks below the waste and punches above the waste for efficency reasons.

At anyrate his greatest passion in life was philosophy and not fighting or movies. He simply made movies to spread his philosophy.

Here is a little quote from him
"I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude." -
-- Bruce lee

Just_me_Mike

I know he had (can't remember the name) none style of Fighting
Hi style was called Jeet Kune Do, or the way of the intercepting fist.

In his day this was a great achievement in martial arts, because tradition taught that there had to be attack and defense. So he borrowed from fencing the intercept and changed the way hand to hand combat was thought about.

Instead of waiting for a punch and than countering, he learned to read body language and then intercept the attack before it happened.

Ultimately though he believe in the art of fighting without fighting. If one believe himself to be the victor he has already one before the fight has begun.

Fatihah

Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Little known fact about me, I am a Bruce Lee fanatic, and probably qualified to be a historian of some sort.:sarcastic

Anyone familiar with his philosophies?

Response: If you are truly a fan, then I have a gift for you, unless you've already seen it. Go to youtube and type in "Bruce Lee plays ping pong" and enjoy. I've never seen anything like it.

Just_me_Mike

Some more cool quotes
Jeet Kune Do favors formlessness so that it can assume all forms and since Jeet Kune Do has no style, it can fit in with all styles. As a result, Jeet Kune Do utilizes all ways and is bound by none and, likewise, uses any techniques which serve its end.
When there is freedom from mechanical conditioning, there is simplicity. The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow — you are not understanding yourself.
The Three Stages of Cultivation - The first is the primitive stage. It is a stage of original ignorance in which a person knows nothing about the art of combat. In a fight, he simply blocks and strikes instinctively without a concern for what is right and wrong. Of course, he may not be so-called scientific, but, nevertheless, being himself, his attacks or defenses are fluid. The second stage—the stage of sophistication, or mechanical stage—begins when a person starts his training. He is taught the different ways of blocking, striking, kicking, standing, breathing, and thinking—unquestionably, he has gained the scientific knowledge of combat, but unfortunately his original self and sense of freedom are lost, and his action no longer flows by itself. His mind tends to freeze at different movements for calculations and analysis, and even worse, he might be called “intellectually bound” and maintain himself outside of the actual reality. · The third stage—the stage of artlessness, or spontaneous stage—occurs when, after years of serious and hard practice, the student realizes that after all, gung fu is nothing special. And instead of trying to impose on his mind, he adjusts himself to his opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. There is nothing to try to do but try to be purposeless and formless, like water. All of his classical techniques and standard styles are minimized, if not wiped out, and nothingness prevails. He is no longer confined.

Anyhoo, cool stuff to me. Just wanted to share.
If anyone likes reading philosophy I recommend anything he wrote!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And he does have a rather un-natural amount of hair wouldnt you say?;)

Perhaps I was bit too mean in my post, but those Chuck Norris memes make me cringe every time I hear them. But then again I can't stand the politics he has promoted in the past, either.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Perhaps I was bit too mean in my post, but those Chuck Norris memes make me cringe every time I hear them. But then again I can't stand the politics he has promoted in the past, either.

Well...you are a meanie...ya know....

Its just chuck scares the little kid in me with all that hair.:cover:

Anyway, back to the philosophy of bruce lee....

Heneni

cardero

Citizen Mod
The oddest information about Bruce Lee is that there are more movies and documentaries released about him than there are movies that he made.

blm2007

If you are really eager to know the philosophies of Bruce Lee then I would suggest you to look around in youtube as you will get a lot of them there.