• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Govt Announces It Is Doing Nothing

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The rate of inflation has hit 10.1%. Whilst in-work people in poverty reject food from foodbanks if it requires cooking (because of the cost), the tories continue their beauty contest to decide on our next dreadful prime minister and do nothing.

Levelling up. Taking our country back. Build back better. Not Giving A ****.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well, it would be funny if it wasn't true.

This Government doesn't give a monkey's about non supporters.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's sad what the UK has come to under this playpen they call a government.

I fear for friends and family when the prediction is electricity prices will reach £4500 a year soon.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The Metropolitan Police have called off their search for Boris Johnson who had been reported missing by the British population. He was last seen just before tory MPs concluded their continued employment after the next General Election was in serious doubt and so ditched the self-serving sciver. Concern was growing over the whereabouts of the country's leader given that there is a mounting cost of living crisis. The search for Johnson has been called off now that it has been confirmed that he was spotted in a supermarket in Greece. His scruffy appearance and shifty manner had led staff to believe he was a vagrant looking to steal some bottles of wine and so called the local police. On arrival they were able to confirm to the incredulous staff that it was indeed the missing leader of the United Kingdom.

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Doing nothing? That's unfair.

Boris getting a much needed sun tan on our tax money while Rishi and Liz are warning us of the real problems that the UK faces - like tens of thousands of elderly people freezing to death in homes they can't afford to heat this winter or millions of people waiting for scraps at depleted foodbanks woke students.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
News Update!

Leadership contender Liz Truss in looking to gain the trust of the British people has described herself as a "straight-talking Yorkshire woman." People like straight-talkers, it means they are honest people and there's no more a straight-talker than a person from Yorkshire. What is it about Yorkshire that makes the whole country view the county as the home of straight-talking and honesty and trustworthiness? Whatever the reason it's good to know our next potential leader was born with those qualities of honesty and trustworthiness. Just what you would expect from a straight-talking Yorkshire woman. Liz Truss was born in Oxford and lives in Thetford in Norfolk.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Excellent. Tempted more and more to move to Scotland.
Whatever happened to the Scottish "leave" (the UK) effort? Given that England is in much worse shape than the US (and that's saying something) I would think all the rats (2- and 4- legged) would be on planes and ships "getting out of Dodge".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The rate of inflation has hit 10.1%. Whilst in-work people in poverty reject food from foodbanks if it requires cooking (because of the cost), the tories continue their beauty contest to decide on our next dreadful prime minister and do nothing.

Dang that's sheer progress.

It means nobody is making things worse.

Hell, there might even be a recovery!

RestlessSoul

Whatever happened to the Scottish "leave" (the UK) effort? Given that England is in much worse shape than the US (and that's saying something) I would think all the rats (2- and 4- legged) would be on planes and ships "getting out of Dodge".

I think it’s sadly inevitable that Scotland will opt to go it alone in the not too distant future, and I can’t really blame them tbh. Bit ironic that they narrowly voted to stay in a Union, and a year later England and Wales voted to leave one, dragging Scotland out of the EU against their will.

JIMMY12345

No party has answers. The energy crisis is in part due to Putin. However globally there will be battles for strategic minerals and energy in the future. The world was lucky in a sense we had only one pandemic in generations. systems are also vulnerable. The only course is to help people at the bottom. Everyone else will have to tough it out.