• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Britain: are metropolitan police really like this?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I know RF is for religious people to talk to religious people, but sometimes its also a back channel for finding out if rumors have substance or not. I saw this presentation on youtube that cited a book, and it alleged that the police were protecting terrorist promoting speech while inhibiting religious speech in public places. The presenter claimed that metropolitan police in London were jumping on the chance to stop someone from singing Amazing Grace in public while ignoring islamic terrorist supporters chanting. I'd like to know if there is substance to this or if its just selective or half supported rumoring. He made some other comments in another video about cover ups in the news about violence by immigrants. I've linked to both in a spoiler.

The book he references is on worldcat org here: Broken yard : the fall of the Metropolitan Police | WorldCat.org
It is Broken Yard: the Fall of the Metropolitan Police by Tom Harper 2023

This presenter alleges that this single event of one person being stopped from talking is just a sample and seems to imply that London police are somehow favoring speech in support of Islam over Anglican religion. Or I am inferring that from his presentation. Anyways he seems to fear that the public has become divided because of immigrants forming their own communities and keeping separate from the general public. In the second video he talks about the news covering up conflicts between Hindus and Muslims as a result of someone winning a football game, and he says that rather than just say what happens the news tries to cover it and calls for calm.

Is this no big deal? What's really happening over there?

Interesting: the first video was pulled just before I posted this! It shows up blank, now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I searched.
"Do British police protect terrorists?"
I found no hits claiming this.
Were it cromulent, I'd expect others to have noticed & published.

As for news cover-ups of ethnicity & race,
this is also common here, except if there's
a white perp & black victim. Otherwise,
they only divulge things like age & sex.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I know RF is for religious people to talk to religious people, but sometimes its also a back channel for finding out if rumors have substance or not. I saw this presentation on youtube that cited a book, and it alleged that the police were protecting terrorist promoting speech while inhibiting religious speech in public places. The presenter claimed that metropolitan police in London were jumping on the chance to stop someone from singing Amazing Grace in public while ignoring islamic terrorist supporters chanting. I'd like to know if there is substance to this or if its just selective or half supported rumoring. He made some other comments in another video about cover ups in the news about violence by immigrants. I've linked to both in a spoiler.

The book he references is on worldcat org here: Broken yard : the fall of the Metropolitan Police | WorldCat.org
It is Broken Yard: the Fall of the Metropolitan Police by Tom Harper 2023

This presenter alleges that this single event of one person being stopped from talking is just a sample and seems to imply that London police are somehow favoring speech in support of Islam over Anglican religion. Or I am inferring that from his presentation. Anyways he seems to fear that the public has become divided because of immigrants forming their own communities and keeping separate from the general public. In the second video he talks about the news covering up conflicts between Hindus and Muslims as a result of someone winning a football game, and he says that rather than just say what happens the news tries to cover it and calls for calm.

Is this no big deal? What's really happening over there?

Interesting: the first video was pulled just before I posted this! It shows up blank, now.
........singing 'Amazing Grace' in public.......
Do you have any details about this incident?
I can think of a few instances where police would respond to such an action.

And folks chanting by 'terrorist suporters'.......... The demonstrations on behalf of Palestinian refugees in Gaza have been huge here, and I wonder if some folks might view these as 'terroridt chants'?

But of course immigrants can tend to settle in groups! I can think of such examples of ex-pat Brits choosing to do that around the world.

In recent years the Met police have been very badly embarrassed by the shocking behaviour of some officers, including abduction rape and murder in a very few cases, but all forces in Britain are reviewing how they select recruits and watch over police conduct.

I wonder about the author of that book.