• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Born or Converted?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
How was I disrespectful, praytell?

"You know, the Bible is 6th grade English, and you can't seem to follow it.*"

You didn't look in the dictionary under "c" did you? Someone did that to me once.

That is probably one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen anyone say...

Do any of those comments strike you as disrespectful? Calling someone's comments idiotic and saying they can't follow 6th grade English is disrespectful and won't get you too far in debates.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
"You know, the Bible is 6th grade English, and you can't seem to follow it.*"

You didn't look in the dictionary under "c" did you? Someone did that to me once.

That is probably one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen anyone say...

Do any of those comments strike you as disrespectful? Calling someone's comments idiotic and saying they can't follow 6th grade English is disrespectful and won't get you too far in debates.

Don't sweat it BC. Any respect from this guy would make me feel like I need a shower (or 3 or 4). ;)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Aren't you a moderator?

Ah, thanks for reminding me. Since you bring it up and almost every post you and I have made in here is offtopic, I'm going to go back and delete this whole exchange (even though I won :p).

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
I was born into my religion, and I think it makes a HUGE difference. I know what is of my religion and what is "new age". I am a 5th generation Spiritualist and have come to discover that I am one of a dying breed. There are only a handful that I am aware of and know that they are who they claim to be. Converts to the religion seem to bring the more new age spiritual stuff in, for example angels, crystals, tarot cards, etc. Those aren't what we are about.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I was born LDS, but i was not completely converted untill recently.

Each LDS member has been converted at one point or another, nomatter if you were born into it or not. we all have to make up our own mind and descisions in life and we are encouraged to do that so i think that is why.