• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Born again (Sufi) Muslim

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Thanks. I wish you had been here last week. I had a Christian on another forum trying to discredit the Qur'an and he was using that to "try" to discredit Muhammad. Since I did not know enough, I could not refute him, so all I could do was a web search for arguments from Muslims who refuted him. Here is the video he posted.

An interesting video. So others have given blow by blow refutations of these kinds of points before. As you say, you can find these on the Internet too. For me it is enough to know that alongside the bits and pieces that were written down on pieces of parchment, stones, and palm leaf stalks there has always been a long and strong oral tradition whereby the Holy Qur'an was committed to memory and transmitted from several such memorisers and reciters of the Holy Qur'an to others and so on from the time of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) until the time it was all committed to writing in one standardised form and beyond. As regards the variants in the Qur'an manuscripts, the differences do not amount to very much in terms of their meaning.