• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Born Again Jew.

John D. Brey

In biblical Hebrew הרה (hareh) is used for both "conception" and also for "pregnancy." ----It's translated both "conceived" and "with child," depending on the context. -----"Conception" is always the beginning of "pregnancy." -----So using the same word is appropriate when speaking of both "conception" and also "pregnancy."

Rabbi Hirsch quotes the Talmud speaking of "conception" (pregnancy) taking place exclusively at night. But then Rabbi Hirsch supplements Niddah 16b by speaking of "physical" conception as though there's some non-physical conception he's going to reveal to us?

Niddah 16b speaks of "conception" taking place at night. It says nothing about "physical" conception, as though there were some other kind of conception.

Since Niddah 16 points out that "pregnancy" can only occur at night (since that's the only time Jews are allowed to participate in the act that leads to "pregnancy") it stands to reason that the Talmud speaks singularly of the only possible Jewish "conception" as taking place at night. But Rabbi Hirsch throws a giant wrench into the statement of the Talmud by speaking of "physical" (fleshly) conception, as though it were distinct from some other kind of conception? ------ Why does Rabbi Hirsch supplement the Talmud's statement about "conception" taking place at night, with the idea of "physical" (fleshly) conception taking place at night?

He's clearly setting the reader up for a different form of conception that doesn't take place at night and doesn't produce a "physical" (fleshly) body.

But then why does Rabbi Hirsch, in the context so clearly established in his paraphrase of the Talmud's statement about "conception" occurring exclusively at night, change the word for "conception," to the word for "birth," the German "Geburt"? "Birth" is clearly not a Jewish phenomenon associated exclusively with "night." -----Jewish "births" occur night or day.

An honest exegete knows Rabbi Hirsch has chosen to use a word meaning "birth" (Geburt) where he's clearly speaking of "conception." . . But Why? . . . Let's see what his statement looks like if we replace the misplaced word with the word he clearly means:

Physical conception belongs to the night ---The name of the angel in charge of [physical] conception is 'Night' [Niddah 16b]---- but milah, conception as a Jew, belongs to the daytime.

Hirsch Chumash at Gen. 17:23.
The "physical" conception is now properly juxtaposed against the non-physical conception. Rabbi Hirsch clearly and explicitly juxtaposes "physical conception" (a night event) with conception as a Jew (which occurs exclusively in the daytime). The reason for Rabbi Hirsch's tongue-tied statement now comes to light. "Physical" conception occurs exclusively at night for a Jewish person. But the "birth" associated with the conception can, and does, obviously, occur at night or day. There are two events. The conception (night only) and the birth (night or day).

Fast forward to the other conception. The one Rabbi Hirsch juxtaposes against a night conception; the conception Rabbi Hirsch makes clear can occur only in broad daylight (and never at night), and which he makes clear occurs eight days after the "birth" associated with the nighttime "conception."

When, if "physical" conception takes place at night, and conception as a Jew takes place in the day, does "birth" as a Jew take place? If the "conception" that leads to the non-physical "birth" takes place eight days after the physical "birth" (conceived at night nine month's earlier), then when does the "birth" associated with the daytime conception (brit milah) take place?

Rabbi Hirsch specifically (consciously or subconsciously) mixes the word "conception" and "birth" in order to gloss over, for himself, and his readers, the troublesome fact that though the Jew is indeed "conceived" through ritual circumcision (eight days after physical birth), he's not in fact "born" of ritual circumcision. His "birth" surely can't precede his "conception"? His conception and birth surely can't occur simultaneously? And his "conception" is eight days after his physical "birth." Such that Rabbi Hirsch tries to gloss over the fact that something is missing: When is that which is "conceived" on the eighth day in fact "born"?

There are two "conceptions" which require two "births."

What does is mean to imply that if you're a true Jew (rather than merely a fleshly, physical Jew), Ye must be born-again. Born a second time. Not of "physical" conception, at night, but from brit milah, which occurs not only in broad daylight, but in front of multiple witnesses?

When is that which is "conceived" on the eighth day, in fact "born"?

What does brit milah as "conception-event" imply? What can we learn about how a non-physical Jew is conceived by examining the conception-event that's specifically and precisely performed in broad daylight so that we might all examine it, as I have for some time now, to determine the difference between a physical Jew, conceived at night, and a non-physical Jew, conceived through the rituals associated with brit milah (milah, periah, metzitzah)?

John

John D. Brey

Since Niddah 16 points out that "pregnancy" can only occur at night (since that's the only time Jews are allowed to participate in the act that leads to "pregnancy") it stands to reason that the Talmud speaks singularly of the only possible Jewish "conception" as taking place at night. But Rabbi Hirsch throws a giant wrench into the statement of the Talmud by speaking of "physical" (fleshly) conception, as though it were distinct from some other kind of conception? ------ Why does Rabbi Hirsch supplement the Talmud's statement about "conception" taking place at night, with the idea of "physical" (fleshly) conception taking place at night?
John

. . . The dichotomy in the starter thread that's problematic is the relationship between the "physical" Jew, who's conceived at night through physical intercourse (which the Talmud says can only take place at night) versus the "non-physical" Jew who Rabbi Hirsch claims is conceived on the eighth day after the physical birth and by means of ritual circumcision (which the Talmud says must take place in the day).

Clearly there are two kinds of Jews if there are two unique conceptions: one at night (physical) and one in the day (brit milah, ritual circumcision)?

What's the relationship between the two kinds of Jews? Can a person be one and not the other?

John

NayaVeda

I am not good with words but i ask you to start a movement to rebuild the Holy Temple 3. Every human has a potential to be a Prophet of God/YHVH, and perhaps one of us is going to rebuild the new temple.

John D. Brey

I am not good with words but i ask you to start a movement to rebuild the Holy Temple 3. Every human has a potential to be a Prophet of God/YHVH, and perhaps one of us is going to rebuild the new temple.

. . . Of flesh, or of stone?

John

NayaVeda

. . . Of flesh, or of stone?

John

How about both?

The most religious place for jews these days is the western wall. That is made of physical entities like stone.

Time to build the third temple.

Chapter 4 - The LORD says to build The Third Temple

Even among all of this impending chaos,
The Lord says through me to build the temple
remove all the pagan nabatean unholiness
tell them to stay in their holy lands
for their prophet himself stopped directing himself towards the Israealite temple
and he told his followers to change the direction
to that of Ishmaelite Allah
Let them move back to their holy lands
and let us build Our Holy Temple
There is still hope
If we turn back to YHVH
Jerusalem is the holy site for the sons of Isaac
Makkah is the holy site for the sons of Ishmael
For even Jesus was a son of Isaac
Give them proper warning
Let the American believers of God help you out
Let America not follow Azazel and his devils
There is still hope
BUILD THE THIRD TEMPLE
BRING YHVH BACK INTO THIS FALLEN WORLD
Let all sin disappear
and ungodliness

John D. Brey

How about both?

The most religious place for jews these days is the western wall. That is made of physical entities like stone.

Time to build the third temple.

Chapter 4 - The LORD says to build The Third Temple

Even among all of this impending chaos,
The Lord says through me to build the temple
remove all the pagan nabatean unholiness
tell them to stay in their holy lands
for their prophet himself stopped directing himself towards the Israealite temple
and he told his followers to change the direction
to that of Ishmaelite Allah
Let them move back to their holy lands
and let us build Our Holy Temple
There is still hope
If we turn back to YHVH
Jerusalem is the holy site for the sons of Isaac
Makkah is the holy site for the sons of Ishmael
For even Jesus was a son of Isaac
Give them proper warning
Let the American believers of God help you out
Let America not follow Azazel and his devils
There is still hope
BUILD THE THIRD TEMPLE
BRING YHVH BACK INTO THIS FALLEN WORLD
Let all sin disappear
and ungodliness

Every true child of God is a brick, or even a pillar, in the temple of God. When the number of children of God is complete, God's house will be complete and He will dwell in that temple.

John

John D. Brey

Abortions of saints isn't helping the cause.

. . . If they're saint's, then they count toward the completion of the temple, abortion or not. If they're saints, then their abortion in no wise confounds God's plan for their existence in this life or the next. . . For myself, I don't know if it's wise to consider an unborn fetus a saint?

John

NayaVeda

. . . If they're saint's, then they count toward the completion of the temple, abortion or not. If they're saints, then their abortion in no wise confounds God's plan for their existence in this life or the next. . . For myself, I don't know if it's wise to consider an unborn fetus a saint?

John

Other children of God are calling them possible saints and so i follow their teachings in this regard.

John D. Brey

Other children of God are calling them possible saints and so i follow their teachings in this regard.

. . . You and the other children of God will have to forgive me. I don't suppose to speak on behalf of any other child of God than myself. When I was born-again, God didn't give me a list or litmus test to know for certain who is or isn't a child of God. . . Nevertheless I have my doubts concerning my current interlocutor.

John

Last edited:

NayaVeda

. . . You and the other children of God will have to forgive me. I don't suppose to speak on behalf of any other child of God than myself. When I was born-again, God didn't give me a list or litmus test to know for certain who is or isn't a child of God. . . Nevertheless I have my doubts concerning my current interlocutor.

John

Abortion is wrong. If you want to enjoy sex then pull out or use condoms or other contraceptives. When you deliberately insert semen into a vagina or let some ******* insert his semen into your baby hole, you are directly responsible for the future murder that you deliberately allowed to happen.

Says the Prophet Ben

John D. Brey

Abortion is wrong. If you want to enjoy sex then pull out or use condoms or other contraceptives. When you deliberately insert semen into a vagina or let some ******* insert his semen into your baby hole, you are directly responsible for the future murder that you deliberately allowed to happen.

The product of semen and ovum begins to die the moment the conception takes place. So the murder takes place the moment semen and ovum collide. Death exists in the Y chromosome. The Y chromosome is the true abortionist. The biped abortionist doesn't cause the death of the embryo or fetus. He merely speeds up the process that began in earnest the moment the Y chromosome aborted the possibility of the omnipotent stem cell beginning to divide on its own. The product of phallic-sex is already dead. It just doesn't know it until its heart stops, brain quits, or he or she comes to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, which is usually pre-seeded by the realization that the person is actually dead already and in need of true life not the walking death of a phallicly conceived zombie.

Ye must be born-again if you're going to have true life. And if ye must be born-again, ye must be conceived anew. The first conception is the birth of death. The second conception is the source of life eternal. Ye must be born-again. Not of the Y chromosome, but of blood and water.

John

Last edited: