• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bored and Sleepy

Khale

Well, its 11:30 PM and I have to get up for work in about 6 hours. The problem is, I am bored and I don't want to go to sleep yet. So I think I am going to try and write a short story to pass the time. Don't worry there may not be any rhyme or reason to this at all so there is no need to pay attention. After all, I probably won't be either:

Long ago, in small dark wood, near a soft green meadow, that held a bubbling brook; there lived a mouse named Patrick. Now, patrick was thought by many far and wide to be the bravest, strongest, and just plain coolest little rodent that ever walked this side of the earth (as it so happens there were approximately 7 known sides to the earth, so this was no easy feat). However the truth of the matter was actually quite different, as things like these often are. You see Patrick was actually the most cowardly mouse in the small dark wood, near the meadow, holding a brook.

Day after day Patrick would live out his life in the cottage eating cheese, as mice often do, and sleeping in his dusty, yet comftorable, hole in the wall. Now you be thinking to yourself, "How does living out a peacable life make one a coward?", and then you probably started thinking, "Why this story is downright absurd, and in fact, offensive! I'm going to report you to the authorities". "No! don't do that!", I would say, had this been a real conversation, "the story has only just begun I'm simply setting the stage for the drama that is about to unfold. Explanations will come in due time I swear!" Eventually you would calm down, we'd share a cup of team, and the story would progess as it should (albiet a slight bit behind schedule).