• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Books you purchased as a joke, but turned out to be meaningful

Deidre

Have you ever purchased a book that was kind of a silly buy, but as you leaf through it, it's filled with good ideas and insight?

I used to be into The Walking Dead, before it became a bore...and bought this book not really thinking it would be seriously good. Well, it turns out to have detailed survival tactics should you find yourself one day, living off the grid or if you're in need of simple, practical hurricane preparedness advice. Lots of helpful camping ideas, too. I have it on an end table in my living room, and friends at first laugh at it when they come over, until they start reading through it. Now, they all want one. :tearsofjoy:

B6Hc4GZ.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I got a DnD cookbook I thought would make a great novelty book, but it actually has many recipes that sound delicious that I want to try.
There's been some more but I can't recall any right now.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
There was a book about nothing (literally, the concept of nothing) that I thought was a joke purchase; but it turned out to be a wild and informative ride through math and logic.

Viker

Häxan
I got this around 20 years ago as a joke and it drew my attention then. You see, I have seriously had a problem of jumping on my bed most my life. For some reason this little nursery rhyme about subtraction got me thinking about the reasons and risks I take. :oops: :p

61MvWm6VOEL.jpg

Deidre

I got this around 20 years ago as a joke and it drew my attention then. You see, I have seriously had a problem of jumping on my bed most my life. For some reason this little nursery rhyme about subtraction got me thinking about the reasons and risks I take. :oops: :p

View attachment 53688
Lolololol You’re hilarious!

Although, these sweet little stories are probably what the world needs more of. :sunflower:

Altfish

Veteran Member
I bought my mate a book that was titled...

"Brace yourself Bertha - an Irish sex manual"
When you opened the book it was a lot of blank pages.