• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Books on Homosexuality?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I'm looking for book on homosexuality. Historical works are good. Or books that detail the negative effects that ex-gay ministries cause, or something like that.

I will be doing a research project this summer that I will talk about Homosexuality and the Bible, as well as Christianity and the Bible, and why there needs to be more acceptance. I will also be doing a study to see how homosexuals have been effected by the intolerance shown to them. I'm currently looking for additional resources right now, and help would be appreciated.

Just to make it clear though, I don't want anything that condemns homosexuality, says it can be cured, or anything like that. I just want some quality work that may help with my research project.

A

angellous_evangellous

Homosexuality, Science, and the "Plain Sense" of Scripture

(excellent!)

Antiochian

Rationalist
There are many good books out there on the subject... here are a few:

Religion Gone Bad, by Mel White

Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay and Christian in America, by Mel White

Thou Shalt Not Love: What Evangelicals Really Say to Gays, by Patrick M. Chapman (contains interesting historical/anthropological studies)

A Time to Embrace: Same-Gender Relationships in Religion, Law, and Politics by William Stacy Johnson (I'm currently reading this one--very good though I don't always agree with the author)

God vs. Gay?: The Religious Case for Equality, by Jay Michaelson (have this one, haven't read yet)

John Boswell is another author you may take a look at.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I will check into all of those. I have heard of God vs. Gay, but I never got around to searching for reviews.

This is a very nice list to start with though. Thanks. Any other suggestions are still welcomed.