• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book of Enoch

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe the Septuagint was the beginning of the establishment of the evolved Canon for Judaism. Choices were made in what was included in the Septuagint that influenced the development of Canon.
You can think whatever you want. The fact remains the Septuagint was never designed to be a canon. If you look at the first century CE, Torah was unanimously accepted as canon. The prophets were disputed, the Pharisees accepting the prophets (along with Jesus and Paul) and the Sadducees not accepting them. It can be argued that the Psalms were accepted, but even this is iffy. The Writings, such as Esther, Ruth, Ecclesiastes, etc., were not even on the table yet.

When and how the Writings were added to the Tanakh is still debated, but the most popular idea is that the Council of Jamnia in the late first century is what established the Hebrew canon as we have it today.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You can think whatever you want. The fact remains the Septuagint was never designed to be a canon. If you look at the first century CE, Torah was unanimously accepted as canon. The prophets were disputed, the Pharisees accepting the prophets (along with Jesus and Paul) and the Sadducees not accepting them. It can be argued that the Psalms were accepted, but even this is iffy. The Writings, such as Esther, Ruth, Ecclesiastes, etc., were not even on the table yet.

When and how the Writings were added to the Tanakh is still debated, but the most popular idea is that the Council of Jamnia in the late first century is what established the Hebrew canon as we have it today.

You can think what ever you want. I believe the Council of Jamnia is a myth proposed in 1871 and we have no documentation to support it ever took place, nor scriptures dated at the time.

I will address this further with a reference

Elihoenai

Hello all.

Any thoughts about the book of enoch? I've just started reading - the angels who came to earth and procreated with human women are in big trouble and

I've just read pages and pages on the horrible punishment God has in store for them.

Does anyone have a good knowledge of this text? I'm getting through it but I'm still a bit lost.

Why did the angelic/human union produce giants -and why were they bent on destruction? Why was the punishment of the angels so severe?
Genesis 6:4

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

The Holy Scriptures/Bible instructs about Enoch and the Giants. To understand The Book of Enoch you must relate with the Holy Scriptures/Bible. Impossible to Really Understand The Book of Enoch in isolation from the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

The Book of Enoch is Gnostic instructing about the Great Battle between Good and Evil that has been ongoing for thousands of years. Everything else is a Lie. It Is All About Good and Evil.

There are are only a Few Truly Devoted/Committed on the Side of Good and on the Side of Evil.

Have you seen the movie Bless The Child?

Bless The Child (2000) - Official Trailer