• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Body and Spirit

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I discovered something with fairly interesting implications today.

So I kinda was having trouble breathing (no not because of COVID, stop that) because we have a stuffy house with alot of closed doors and I stay inside alot.

So I turn on a fan. Now this fan is really only tall enough to hit my foot and my leg, and I'm too close to benefit as of yet. However, once it hits my feet, I feel as though I've already breathed in a mouthful of air.

That is, my body is largely referential, not a hard physical mass but rather:
Air hitting my leg -> breathing in
This implies reality has less to do with strict physical events and more to do with symbolic and spiritual events. I decided to do another test. This time I faced the wall. I again felt like I couldn't breathe. This told me that:
I have acute claustrophobia and yet somehow I manage indoors.lik :eek:
But then I hung my hand down behind me from the bed, and discovered again that:
Air hitting my hand -> breathing in
I felt like I had swallowed a mouthful of air but I was less than two feet from my bedroom wall, facing the wrong direction and it wasn't really penetrating upwards. Yet I still felt like I had breathed in a mouthful of air. This tells us: (1) there is spiritual reality, (2) physical events are largely symbolic, and (3) the body is an interconnected unit.