• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blood clots

ecco

Veteran Member
I don't know you guys personally to say whether you all made a bad decision.
My decision was to get vaccinated as soon as possible. That was not a good or bad decision, that was a sensible decision.

If I wasn't already vaccinated and I could get the J&J tomorrow, I would jump at the chance.

ecco

Veteran Member
I think you shot, stabbed, and kicked me.
Sorry you feel that way. But I've been in seclusion and now I'm vaccinated and I always wear a mask, so you can be very certain that I didn't infect you. That must count for something.
I'm not afraid you will affect me vaccinated, mask wearing, or not. I don't jump in the street or anything like around people just because "I think" they are unvaccinated or I "think I know" why they're not wearing their masks.

It really isn't personal, Ecco.

It seems my little attempt at humor went right over your head.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Ecco. I don't make decisions about my health based on other people.

Well, there ya go. That's a really great thing on which to base life or death decisions.

Have you looked at the math? Do you understand the math?

In it's most basic form:
Death rate for unvaccinated 1 in 531 (USA)
Death rate for vaccinated < 1 in 6,000,000 (Worldwide)

Maybe you should let your brain override your gut.

If I'm in a position I need to do so, than okay. Since I am not, these numbers do not influence what is best for my well-being. Statistics aren't my "bible."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It seems my little attempt at humor went right over your head.

Yeah. It's mixed with sarcasm and taking it personal, so its hard to tell your intentions or are you just devaluing what I'm saying because we disagree. I don't really like guesses so I can only go by what you actually wrote.

ecco

Veteran Member
AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson have caused blood clots. That 2 out of 4.

Uh, no. It's not two out of 4. It's one death out of over 6,000,000 injections.

On the other hand, COVID has taken the lives of 1 in 531 Americans.

I still stand by what i said the other day..."anyone that wants to get vaccinated, get it. Anyone who doesn't, don't.
I won't look at either one differently.

I will.

People who don't get vaccinated are irrational. Look at the above odds as evidence thereof.
People who don't get vaccinated help the virus mutate by giving it more bodies to grow in.

We Never Know

No Slack

I will.

People who don't get vaccinated are irrational. Look at the above odds as evidence thereof.
People who don't get vaccinated help the virus mutate by giving it more bodies to grow in.

Uhm no. Its 2 out of 4 as in 2 out of 4 vaccines that have supposedly caused blood clots.

The clue was "AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson have caused blood clots. That 2 out of 4."

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I will.

People who don't get vaccinated may help the virus mutate

You don't know unless unvaccinated people have the virus. Since you don't know, its best to say there is a higher risk of virus mutate (if so be). Fact statements are not logical in this scenario.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It hasn't been said.....but I think it obvious

this is about herd mentality
supported by numbers heard on the news

I think I'll wait on that shot

we are dealing with something that has a life of it's own

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
One of the ways that the virus kills people is with blood clots, this is a common factor.
A small number of people have died who have been vaccinated.
Many thousands of people die from blood clots each year, that are totally unrelated to either the virus or the vaccination.

This unrelated death toll dwarfs the risk from covivid or the vaccine.

The vaccination prevents thousands of deaths by blood clots caused by the covid virus.

It would be extremely foolish not to be vaccinated when it prevents so many deaths.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
One of the ways that the virus kills people is with blood clots, this is a common factor.
A small number of people have died who have been vaccinated.
Many thousands of people die from blood clots each year, that are totally unrelated to either the virus or the vaccination.

This unrelated death toll dwarfs the risk from covivid or the vaccine.

The vaccination prevents thousands of deaths by blood clots caused by the covid virus.

It would be extremely foolish not to be vaccinated when it prevents so many deaths.

The person didn't have COVID. They just got vaccinated and they were the rare people who died after getting the vaccination. Some people developed COVID after vaccination in other sources. They say it's rare and don't show it much probably not to scare people from not getting it, but there are sources of people dying despite of COVID related treatments. It's just life. I wonder, though, IF there were more harm after people took vaccines would they still take them. They paused out Johnson and Johnson for this very reason.

My question would be if all this was not true, why would they pause the vaccine?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Actually, the OP was about vaccine induced blood clots causing deaths. Therefore, comments and information about deaths from being unvaccinated are relevant.

I
nformation about blood clots is also relevant.
Google
Blood Clots Can Be Deadly
As many as 100,000 people die of blood clots each year.​

Comments about deaths from drug overdoses are not relevant. Do try to stay on topic.
My sister and I were just talking about this the other day ..

You've got a much greater risk of getting a blood clot from COVID Itself, than you do getting it from the vaccine.
My sister noted how it's funny we hear people saying "I'm not going to risk getting a blood clot from the vaccine" when the risk of such is like 1 in a million or something, but nobody seems to be afraid of getting a blood clot from COVID itself, even though the chances are much higher. Funny the way our brains work.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't take the flu or pneumonia shots.
Those viruses used to be deadlier than they are now. This virus was deadly because its new. I think the shots are going to be yearly like the pneumonia and flu shot.

And.....they once said they would get rid of the flu

View attachment 49745
All the more reason to try to contain this thing so that we don't end up with more variants than we've already got.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My sister and I were just talking about this the other day ..

You've got a much greater risk of getting a blood clot from COVID Itself, than you do getting it from the vaccine.
My sister noted how it's funny we hear people saying "I'm not going to risk getting a blood clot from the vaccine" when the risk of such is like 1 in a million or something, but nobody seems to be afraid of getting a blood clot from COVID itself, even though the chances are much higher. Funny the way our brains work.

Well, some people do. Not the majority. If it were 1 out 5 that would be different.

ecco

Veteran Member
but I'm wondering if those taking vaccines look at the negatives?

Possible negatives? 6 people out of 6,000,000 who took Astra Zenica reported blood clots - 1 died. Without Covid and vaccines, 80,000 Americans die from blood clots annually.

The only other "negatives" I've heard are anecdotes.

It makes me feel everyone is brain washed, to be blunt.

Clearly people who are against getting vaccinated must be brainwashed. Belief in Facebooks and "I know someone" will do that to you. One has to ask, what kind of brainwashing makes people believe stories over science - oh, wait.