• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blaspheming the Holy Ghost

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
No, Jehovah does not tempt us with bad things, IMO. (James 1:13) The true God will bring plagues and a curse upon willfully wicked people who harm others and defy God. An example is when Jehovah brought plagues upon obstinate Pharoah when he stubbornly refused to obey Jehovah.

Incorrect. According to Christianity Yahweh tempted a man with killing his child. Also Yahweh did not curse just the pharaoh according to your religion but the majority of his people including woman, children, and newborn babies.

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
Anyone can build a robot. God wants us to believe on faith because it shows we have reached a higher state of what eastern people call enlightenment. We are literally masters of our own destiny. Einstein was kind of a deist and did not subscribe to organized religion. He and I believe along the same lines, except that I feel some religions are very close to being accurate representations of what God is like and what his desires (his will) are. So even though I am a Christian by personal choice I believe the creator of the universe, ie God is the mannequin that all earths religions use to tailor their beliefs. Every religion is different because they are human opinion and therefore corruptible and imperfect. To my way of thinking some ideas (or religions) are more accurate than others, but none, even my Christianity are not 100% accurate. So I feel it's far more logical to believe in an intelligent creator made the universe than the universe came from nothing. Then after the creation man evolved as per Gods intentions and he created the religions. So take your pick, or not (as per Einstein). I chose Christianity for many reasons like faith and evidences of archeology and other things such as my NDE. Its up to the individual to translate the desire to know God into religious belief or to remain an agnostic or atheist.

First of all: Not all religions believe in deities.

Second of all: Most religions believe in many deities.

Third of all: Anyone can believe on faith in literally anything. Why would your deity want people to do that?

Fourth of all: You obviously do not believe along the same lines because a deist would not believe that a deity took human form or communicated through a prophet by definition.

Fifth of all: The choices are not the universe came from nothing or a deity.

Sixth of all: You claim to know that your deity did all of these things but do you have any evidences or is it all just on faith?

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Don't overly context the things I'm saying, I'm just trying to have a laugh.

Not sure what denomination to choose. I like Gnosticism, it's extremely unfortunate it didn't globalize.

I'm not worried about proving any of them exist because evidence is in the eye of the beholder.

faith unfaithful kept him falsely true

To elaborate on this The Saint of all Saints and some Pagan deities, some pagan deities, kind of shared with me his inconceivable labors during the Crusade errors... So it persuaded me not too immortally detest Catholicism. Other than that I shall hold Norse Paganism dear to me, however, Gnosticism just seems excellent in theory.

People get angry, I'm not going to argue.

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
Incorrect. According to Christianity Yahweh tempted a man with killing his child. Also Yahweh did not curse just the pharaoh according to your religion but the majority of his people including woman, children, and newborn babies.
Jehovah gave Isaac to Abraham and promised him that through Isaac Jehovah would bless all nations. I believe Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son at God's command demonstrated his great faith and provided a pattern of what Jehovah himself would do for us. This was in no way bad or wrong. Of course, Jehovah stopped Abraham from actually sacrificing his son.
When Jehovah executes his judgments, they are always righteous and just, IMO. Egyptians who acknowledged Jehovah's authority could (and some did) have their lives spared. Those who stubbornly defied the true God were responsible for what their defiance resulted in to them and their children.

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
Jehovah gave Isaac to Abraham and promised him that through Isaac Jehovah would bless all nations. I believe Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son at God's command demonstrated his great faith and provided a pattern of what Jehovah himself would do for us. This was in no way bad or wrong. Of course, Jehovah stopped Abraham from actually sacrificing his son.
When Jehovah executes his judgments, they are always righteous and just, IMO. Egyptians who acknowledged Jehovah's authority could (and some did) have their lives spared. Those who stubbornly defied the true God were responsible for what their defiance resulted in to them and their children.

So are you telling me that first of all it is a good thing that someone is willing to murder their child in the name of their religion.

And second of all it is good if someone came ranting about a different religion to a Nation's Leader and you either did not hear about it or dismissed it a lunacy that you deserve to have your child killed?

Are your morals seriously that poor?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Jehovah gave Isaac to Abraham and promised him that through Isaac Jehovah would bless all nations. I believe Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son at God's command demonstrated his great faith and provided a pattern of what Jehovah himself would do for us. This was in no way bad or wrong. Of course, Jehovah stopped Abraham from actually sacrificing his son..

It is not very relevant that God stopped Abraham on time. What is relevant is that He tempted, or, more strongly, ordered Abraham to kill his child. Therefore, your claim that He does not do that is wrong, and should be replaced with: He does indeed do that, but it might, maybe, stop you on time.

What is amazing is that Christians think this is an awe inspiring happy end that cemented Abraham's reliability. It is not. It is not much different from the stories of a mafia boss wanting to check the loyalty of his staff.

We are all concerned about Abraham, and we forget Isaac. That poor child must have suffered enormous stress, which was, for all practical purposes, superfluous, given alleged God's omniscience.

A God who tests? What is He? Some sort of experimental celestial psychologist who does not know jack of what people think and would do, when ordered?

Ciao

- viole

rusra02

Premium Member
So are you telling me that first of all it is a good thing that someone is willing to murder their child in the name of their religion.

And second of all it is good if someone came ranting about a different religion to a Nation's Leader and you either did not hear about it or dismissed it a lunacy that you deserve to have your child killed?

Are your morals seriously that poor?
I'm pretty sure that after 9 plagues very few Egyptians (as in none) did not know of Jehovah's power. By then, many of Pharaoh's counselors were begging him to let the Israelites go. As far as judging God's actions, I do not feel any human can be more righteous than God is.

rusra02

Premium Member
Isaac was a grown man when God asked Abraham to sacrifice him. Further, as the LifeGiver, IMO Jehovah uniquely possesses the right to decide when to give or take away life. (Psalm 36:9) Nor can we rightly judge God according to human standards. If not for God, Isaac would never have existed. It was a miracle for 100 year old Abraham to father a son. Both Abraham and Isaac belong to Jehovah. And so do we, IMO.

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
I'm pretty sure that after 9 plagues very few Egyptians (as in none) did not know of Jehovah's power. By then, many of Pharaoh's counselors were begging him to let the Israelites go. As far as judging God's actions, I do not feel any human can be more righteous than God is.

Why do you assume that everyone in Egpyt learned of why they where happening if that occured? And even if they did what if they attributed it to Moses worshiping some dark god like you would have attributed it to a demon if the Egyptians did the same the Israelites?

And how exactly does that make children and babies guilty?

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
Isaac was a grown man when God asked Abraham to sacrifice him. Further, as the LifeGiver, IMO Jehovah uniquely possesses the right to decide when to give or take away life. (Psalm 36:9) Nor can we rightly judge God according to human standards. If not for God, Isaac would never have existed. It was a miracle for 100 year old Abraham to father a son. Both Abraham and Isaac belong to Jehovah. And so do we, IMO.

So because a being is more powerful it is more moral?

By that logic is Satan more moral than you?

rusra02

Premium Member
Why do you assume that everyone in Egpyt learned of why they where happening if that occured? And even if they did what if they attributed it to Moses worshiping some dark god like you would have attributed it to a demon if the Egyptians did the same the Israelites?

And how exactly does that make children and babies guilty?
I believe the Bible teaches God holds parents accountable for their children. And it is a sad fact that all mankind is under sentence of death. (Romans 5:12) Happily, Jehovah has mercifully provided a means to escape from the sad condition we are all justly suffering, including children. (Romans 6:23)

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Every time you log in you turn into Michael? That might explain some of your posts/topics :p

Nay... Our bind is something of comradery and remorse to myself... The Lord & Holy Ghost I trust in.

That individual is just plain educated...

You know... You could ideal an intelligent being... Lord Frey Michael is one.

Stupidity is not something I profess on... Make it cute, adorable, childish, is one... It will only last for so long.

We will be cromrades again.

Doth God have a plan? DOTH THE LORD HAVE A PLAN?!

He sure as **** doesn't feel bad for me or anything.

Glory he shall have.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
Nay... Our bind is something of comradery and remorse to myself... The Lord & Holy Ghost I trust in.

That individual is just plain educated...

You know... You could ideal an intelligent being... Lord Frey Michael is one.

Stupidity is not something I profess on... Make it cute, adorable, childish, is one... It will only last for so long.

We will be cromrades again.

Doth God have a plan? DOTH THE LORD HAVE A PLAN?!

He sure as **** doesn't feel bad for me or anything.

Glory he shall have.

Could you try not being so vague and just speaking directly?

"You could ideal an intellegent being"

What?