• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blasio Threatens to Shut Down Religious Buildings Permanently If Churches Do Not Temporarily Close

Shad

Veteran Member
My my my
I would recommend a more diplomatic approach

In the context of the corona virus I agree large groups should not meet. Shutting buildings down permanently is a bit of inappropriate overkill don't you think?

Generally applicable justified limitations under appropriate justification is ok

see Al Mohler on Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Diplomacy has worked fine with people open to it with an IQ above room temperature. Hundreds of religious organizations have closed their doors. The Pope has cancelled numerous public events. The carrot didn't work so now it's time for the stick as some people only respond to the goad.

Consider the demographics of religion in the West these days. A large portion of it are seniors... They are part of the group all these lockdowns were mandated to protect. There needs to be a line draw where either force comes down or you let morons remove themselves from the population at their cost.

tytlyf

Not Religious
There needs to be a line draw where either force comes down or you let morons remove themselves from the population at their cost.
Most on the right will want to be left alone by the federal government and let the state figure it out.
They think they should be able to do whatever they want because "it's their Constitutional right." "Don't tread on me!"
Overload the system, see what happens when lots of people start showing up at hospitals that don't have available respirators.

whirlingmerc

Diplomacy has worked fine with people open to it with an IQ above room temperature. Hundreds of religious organizations have closed their doors. The Pope has cancelled numerous public events. The carrot didn't work so now it's time for the stick as some people only respond to the goad.

Consider the demographics of religion in the West these days. A large portion of it are seniors... They are part of the group all these lockdowns were mandated to protect. There needs to be a line draw where either force comes down or you let morons remove themselves from the population at their cost.

Will be interesting to see how this shifts when people start going back to work. I'm guessing continue social distancing, continue high hygiene practices, senior opt for face masks or self quarantine?

In reality religious people and non religious are just people and no need to say one has low IQ

tytlyf

Not Religious
In reality religious people and non religious are just people and no need to say one has low IQ
Wrong. The science supports the conclusion. It doesn't help they're also anti-intellectual. They'll be the death of this country.

11111.jpg

Shad

Veteran Member
Will be interesting to see how this shifts when people start going back to work. I'm guessing continue social distancing, continue high hygiene practices, senior opt for face masks or self quarantine?

Depends when the lockdown is over and the course of the pandemic

No they have low IQ just like the kids on springbreak. They both focus on of the moment emotions instead of what is going on around them. They are ungrateful that millions of their fellow citizens have given up a huge chunk of their lives from work, savings, social life, etc just so those at risk are safer. Each one of those people should be put on a list in the event they get sick. This way government can hand them a bill instead of using taxpayer money.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Just to be fair here it should be pointed out that the majority of religious people are staying home and most churches (mosques, synagogues, temples) are closed.
Yeah.
My mother-in-law is suffering from not having her usual 3 church services per week. But she understands why it's a necessary, but temporary, precaution against making the epidemic worse than it already is.
Tom

tytlyf

Not Religious
Just to be fair here it should be pointed out that the majority of religious people are staying home and most churches (mosques, synagogues, temples) are closed.
Ya but that doesn't have anything to do with disputing the science behind religious and non-religious people's IQ

Shad

Veteran Member

Sure. My mother has switched to online services and Zoom for meetings, study groups, etc. It took a bit of effort to teach and setup the systems for ease of access but she has no issues now. For security I imported existing firewall and virus settings I use on my own system. My grandfather is now using an ipad so we can play our weekly card games. Customer security was setup as I can not import existing settings from one of my own devices. He is 92.

There alternatives around if those that look.