• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birth of Christ

74x12

he said we must worship god in spirit. he didn't say my father exclusive. you are to pray in the name of he father; which is the son's too. we too are his offspring. he was the first born from the dead. he isn't the last.
Yes we're His offspring but if our first birth is sufficient then we have no need of rebirth. The rebirth through Jesus is to make us again in God's image as God said "Let US make man in OUR image" so He was talking to someone which is clearly a messianic prophecy and He was talking through the ages to Jesus the Son before He was born. Because God knew that man would fall and have to be remade again. This is why Jesus came to fulfill the prophecies and that one in particular because He must first die or else no rebirth for us. "unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit." (John 12:24)

Anyway, the name of the Father is Jesus as we know those who confess that Jesus Christ is Lord do so to "the glory of the Father" So, we know that Jesus is the name of the Father who was "manifest in the flesh" 1 Tim 3:16.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes we're His offspring but if our first birth is sufficient then we have no need of rebirth. The rebirth through Jesus is to make us again in God's image as God said "Let US make man in OUR image" so He was talking to someone which is clearly a messianic prophecy and He was talking through the ages to Jesus the Son before He was born. Because God knew that man would fall and have to be remade again. This is why Jesus came to fulfill the prophecies and that one in particular because He must first die or else no rebirth for us. "unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit." (John 12:24)

Anyway, the name of the Father is Jesus as we know those who confess that Jesus Christ is Lord do so to "the glory of the Father" So, we know that Jesus is the name of the Father who was "manifest in the flesh" 1 Tim 3:16.

The name isn't jesus. its the name from exodus 3:14. its mentioned all through out the OT and NT.

it refers to existing eternally in all forms and itself has no form. it is the uncreated creator, or unbegotten begetter.

romans 1:25 is a warning against worshiping begotten things.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

the fruits of love are eternal, they aren't exclusive to anyone

74x12

The name isn't jesus. its the name from exodus 3:14. its mentioned all through out the OT and NT.

it refers to existing eternally in all forms and itself has no form. it is the uncreated creator, or unbegotten begetter.

romans 1:25 is a warning against worshiping begotten things.
I'm saying Jesus is the name of God when manifest in the flesh. So, when God was manifest in the flesh His name was Jesus. I'm not arguing against "I am that I am" or the Tetragrammaton. This name Jesus is a name above every name that is on earth.

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (It glorifies the Father because He is the Father manifest in human form)

Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Jesus is not just begotten. It's His body that was begotten. His Spirit is eternal. As it says He is the same yesterday as He is now. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
It also says His goings forth have been from "everlasting".
Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

In Isaiah 9:6 He's called the eternal Father.

So if Jesus was just begotten then you would be right about idolatry. However, His Spirit is eternal as it says of His body "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:" (Heb 1:5) So this is the human body "Fearfully and wonderfully made".

74x12

the fruits of love are eternal, they aren't exclusive to anyone
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
christs abides in all.

1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Jesus doesn't abide in me. i'm not a cloud.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm saying Jesus is the name of God when manifest in the flesh. So, when God was manifest in the flesh His name was Jesus. I'm not arguing against "I am that I am" or the Tetragrammaton. This name Jesus is a name above every name that is on earth.

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (It glorifies the Father because He is the Father manifest in human form)

Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Jesus is not just begotten. It's His body that was begotten. His Spirit is eternal. As it says He is the same yesterday as He is now. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
It also says His goings forth have been from "everlasting".
Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

In Isaiah 9:6 He's called the eternal Father.

So if Jesus was just begotten then you would be right about idolatry. However, His Spirit is eternal as it says of His body "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:" (Heb 1:5) So this is the human body "Fearfully and wonderfully made".
god omnipresent is everything manifest.

the name above every name is given to every prophet sent.

if a man comes in his own name him you will believe but if a man comes in the Father's name him you reject.

jesus isn't the father's name.

it's the name from psalms 23 and isaiah 66.

It is in the Lord's prayer to Our Father.

you're nullifying the word of god

allfoak

Alchemist
so i'm reading genesis 1:1-2 and i notice that the spirit, ruwach, is feminine and the waters are a masculine noun.

i have sudden vision of nut and geb. geb is the great cackler. sometimes displayed as a snake head god. sometimes as a goose. he is associated with the ineffiable name.

300px-Geb_end_Nut01.jpg

strangely enough a high percentage of people who have shamanic experiences equate the divine spirit as serpent/dragon like.

nut and geb create the other 7 gods(deities) of the ennead..

1 god for each day of the week? atum = adam?

Symbolism of the Serpent
Eexcellent

Faithofchristian

In John 14:28 you'll find Jesus making the statement, "For my Father is greater than I"

If Jesus is God the Father, Then how does this work, That the Father is greater than Jesus ?