• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical tale verified and dated by scientists in new study

We Never Know

No Slack
I put this in current events because that's what it is. If its in the wrong place, mods please move. Thank you

"Scientists are reconstructing epic biblical tales with the help of new dating technology

Scientists from the Hebrew University and Tel Aviv University are using readings of ancient geomagnetic fields to piece together historical events

to see how closely they match those recounted in the scripture

(Yoav Vaknin / Tel Aviv University and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)

"We are standing here at the gate house Lachish. In 701 (BCE) Sennacherib King of Assyria was here, put a siege on the city and eventually conquered the city and destroyed it. This is described also in the Bible and also in Assyrian sources and in the famous Lachish relief describing this event. And we managed to reconstruct the magnetic field of the earth which is recorded in burnt mud bricks like the one I'm holding here. As you can see over there - the burnt mud brick wall."

"When these mud bricks were burnt they recorded they recorded the magnetic field of the earth at the time. This helped us, this was used as an anchor for dating other sites. We reconstructed the magnetic field also in other sites and we could use the magnetic signal to date sites that aren't well dated according to the data from this site which is very well dated to 701 BCE."

https://news-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproje...ists-date-verify-biblical-tale-160845195.html

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yay! More telling Christians that doesn't validate the Bible anymore than Muhammad's alleged existence validates the Quran or the Bloop validates the Necronomicon.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I suspect that the latest in meteorological science, working with geophysicists and experts in crop rotation, have confirmed both small family farming and tornadic activity in the mid-1930s in Kansas - exactly as mentioned in the Wizard of Oz!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What this means to me is that the Bible contains SOME verifiable history and some legend. This particular finding had the note that the event was also recorded elsewhere besides the Bible and that added presumed validity.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What this means to me is that the Bible contains SOME verifiable history and some legend. This particular finding had the note that the event was also recorded elsewhere besides the Bible and that added presumed validity.
Sadly, that is what it means to many, but, in fact, it suggests a great deal more. So, for example, from the Times of Israel:

While the archaeologist and the Earth scientist’s motivations may be different, they both hope to ramp up the testing and continue filling out the computer model curves of the Earth’s magnetic fields.

“We are sitting in Israel on a gold mine! It’s unbelievable,” said Shaar. “We have immediate access to an infinite number of artifacts we can measure and date and understand the field in the past.”

Happily, it doesn’t take a gold mine to fund the testing. “Regarding the price, it’s not too expensive. Sampling is very simple. Once you have the samples you work with them in the lab. The lab is very special and unique. There is only one lab like that in Israel. But once you have the lab, running the samples is not too expensive,” said Vaknin.

“I really hope and I think that it’s going to become part of the toolbox of archaeologists here in Israel and in general in the world,” said Vaknin. “The more data we have, the more accurate and reliable this dating method is, and I think we are there already now.”​

It's a newly honed tool that will (literally) unearth a treasure trove of information about the early history of the levant and elsewhere. It stands as yet another victory for science.

We Never Know

No Slack
I suspect that the latest in meteorological science, working with geophysicists and experts in crop rotation, have confirmed both small family farming and tornadic activity in the mid-1930s in Kansas - exactly as mentioned in the Wizard of Oz!

I sure hope they knew that before the Wizard of Oz came out

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This could help to separate out items that have been found in wells, mounds, layers etc. I can see how this will help with archeological studies. If it does, then archeologists will now need to record the 3D orientation of objects as they are found.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
This could help to separate out items that have been found in wells, mounds, layers etc. I can see how this will help with archeological studies. If it does, then archeologists will now need to record the 3D orientation of objects as they are found.
If you're interested, the sections here addressing archaeointensity and archaeomagnetic direction are worth reviewing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sadly, that is what it means to many, but, in fact, it suggests a great deal more. So, for example, from the Times of Israel:

While the archaeologist and the Earth scientist’s motivations may be different, they both hope to ramp up the testing and continue filling out the computer model curves of the Earth’s magnetic fields.

“We are sitting in Israel on a gold mine! It’s unbelievable,” said Shaar. “We have immediate access to an infinite number of artifacts we can measure and date and understand the field in the past.”

Happily, it doesn’t take a gold mine to fund the testing. “Regarding the price, it’s not too expensive. Sampling is very simple. Once you have the samples you work with them in the lab. The lab is very special and unique. There is only one lab like that in Israel. But once you have the lab, running the samples is not too expensive,” said Vaknin.

“I really hope and I think that it’s going to become part of the toolbox of archaeologists here in Israel and in general in the world,” said Vaknin. “The more data we have, the more accurate and reliable this dating method is, and I think we are there already now.”​

It's a newly honed tool that will (literally) unearth a treasure trove of information about the early history of the levant and elsewhere. It stands as yet another victory for science.

I was not responding in terms of the archeological implications but to claims of Bible being historically accurate.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I put this in current events because that's what it is. If its in the wrong place, mods please move. Thank you

"Scientists are reconstructing epic biblical tales with the help of new dating technology

Scientists from the Hebrew University and Tel Aviv University are using readings of ancient geomagnetic fields to piece together historical events

to see how closely they match those recounted in the scripture

(Yoav Vaknin / Tel Aviv University and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)

"We are standing here at the gate house Lachish. In 701 (BCE) Sennacherib King of Assyria was here, put a siege on the city and eventually conquered the city and destroyed it. This is described also in the Bible and also in Assyrian sources and in the famous Lachish relief describing this event. And we managed to reconstruct the magnetic field of the earth which is recorded in burnt mud bricks like the one I'm holding here. As you can see over there - the burnt mud brick wall."

"When these mud bricks were burnt they recorded they recorded the magnetic field of the earth at the time. This helped us, this was used as an anchor for dating other sites. We reconstructed the magnetic field also in other sites and we could use the magnetic signal to date sites that aren't well dated according to the data from this site which is very well dated to 701 BCE."

https://news-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/scientists-date-verify-biblical-tale-160845195.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16667191742956&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://news.yahoo.com/scientists-date-verify-biblical-tale-160845195.html
So where is the biblical tale?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Anyone can write in actual post events into fictional storytelling.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I was not responding in terms of the archeological implications but to claims of Bible being historically accurate.
I understand. I guess I just get really tired of folks (not you) who delight in Biblical Archaeology but could care less about Sryo-Palestinian Archaeology.