• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible passages for everyone.

Frank Goad

Heb. 9:27--"It is appointed for men to die once, and after this comes judgment." It doesn't say that soul-sleep is in between.

Phil. 1:21-24--"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain…But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake." Paul says when he dies it is gain, that he departs, and that he is with Christ which is very much better. If Paul believed in "soul sleep," then he should have wished that he could live for over a hundred years on earth so he could keep ministering. But the benefit of dying is to be immediately with Christ, which is "very much better" than remaining on earth. He couldn't have said this if he believed in "soul sleep." Paul also used the word "departure" (the departing of his spirit to heaven) in 2 Tim. 4:6, referring to his death.

2 Cor. 5:6,8-9--"…while at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. We are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. Therefore also we have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him." Paul is again speaking of his inner man leaving his body at death to be with the Lord. He also said he preferred to be absent from his body so he could be with Jesus. Notice he said we could only be "at home or absent," not in an in-between state like soul sleep

I got all this from this website: https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.clov...8256-2b8bc499f91b/documents/No_Soul_Sleep.pdf

This is also from the above website: One of the false doctrines several cults espouse is "soul sleep." This teaching says that when a person dies, the person's soul doesn't immediately go to heaven or hell, but "sleeps" in the grave awaiting the resurrection. The Jehovah's Witnesses, The Way, and the Seventh-Day Adventists are among those who hold to this doctrine. There is not a single verse in the Bible that uses the term "soul sleep." However, several verses in the Bible compare death for the Christian to sleep. In Acts 7:59-60 when Stephen was stoned to death, it says he "fell asleep." But in the preceding verse when he was dying he prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" How could he "fall asleep" and be in the grave if Jesus had received his spirit? The answer is found in understanding the three parts of man. Second Corinthians 4:16 tells us there is an inner man and an outer man. The outer man is the body, while the inner man is composed of soul and spirit (1 Thess. 5:23, Heb. 4:12). Death occurs when the inner man is separated from the outer man (James 2:26). At death the soul and spirit goes immediately to heaven or hell while the body "sleeps" until the resurrection. It isn’t the soul that sleeps at death, but the body that goes to sleep. Listed below are some verses that disprove "soul sleep."

This is the opening to the above website just so everybody knows.:)

I think this makes it look like our spirits survive the deaths of our bodies.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Heb. 9:27--"It is appointed for men to die once, and after this comes judgment." It doesn't say that soul-sleep is in between.

Phil. 1:21-24--"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain…But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake." Paul says when he dies it is gain, that he departs, and that he is with Christ which is very much better. If Paul believed in "soul sleep," then he should have wished that he could live for over a hundred years on earth so he could keep ministering. But the benefit of dying is to be immediately with Christ, which is "very much better" than remaining on earth. He couldn't have said this if he believed in "soul sleep." Paul also used the word "departure" (the departing of his spirit to heaven) in 2 Tim. 4:6, referring to his death.

2 Cor. 5:6,8-9--"…while at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. We are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. Therefore also we have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him." Paul is again speaking of his inner man leaving his body at death to be with the Lord. He also said he preferred to be absent from his body so he could be with Jesus. Notice he said we could only be "at home or absent," not in an in-between state like soul sleep

I got all this from this website: https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.clov...8256-2b8bc499f91b/documents/No_Soul_Sleep.pdf

This is also from the above website: One of the false doctrines several cults espouse is "soul sleep." This teaching says that when a person dies, the person's soul doesn't immediately go to heaven or hell, but "sleeps" in the grave awaiting the resurrection. The Jehovah's Witnesses, The Way, and the Seventh-Day Adventists are among those who hold to this doctrine. There is not a single verse in the Bible that uses the term "soul sleep." However, several verses in the Bible compare death for the Christian to sleep. In Acts 7:59-60 when Stephen was stoned to death, it says he "fell asleep." But in the preceding verse when he was dying he prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" How could he "fall asleep" and be in the grave if Jesus had received his spirit? The answer is found in understanding the three parts of man. Second Corinthians 4:16 tells us there is an inner man and an outer man. The outer man is the body, while the inner man is composed of soul and spirit (1 Thess. 5:23, Heb. 4:12). Death occurs when the inner man is separated from the outer man (James 2:26). At death the soul and spirit goes immediately to heaven or hell while the body "sleeps" until the resurrection. It isn’t the soul that sleeps at death, but the body that goes to sleep. Listed below are some verses that disprove "soul sleep."

This is the opening to the above website just so everybody knows.:)
" Heb. 9:27 , Phil. 1:21-24 , 2 Cor. 5:6,8-9, 2 Tim. 4:6 "

None of the above verses have been colored red in the Red Letter Bibles, and that means Jesus never got them in a direct Converse with G-d (the father), nor to a lesser level these verses have been spoken by Jesus nor written by Jesus nor authored by Jesus, further to even a more lesser level Jesus never did dictate them to a scribe, please . Right?

People belonging to Hellenist-Pauline Christianity have been thinking about this matter for a long time and now Catholics, Protestants and Messianic Israelites have published Red Letter Bibles* to facilitate in this connection, please. Right?

In these Bibles they have colored in red letters all the stuff that is supposedly/tentatively and or that which might have been said by (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, one gets to know, please. Right?

One can, therefore, straightaway ignore/reject what is in black letters in these Bibles as it is not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and cannot provide meaningful guidance in ethical, moral and or spiritual issues of humanity, rather it could create confusion in the minds of those who want to follow Yeshua, I understand, please. Right?

Regards

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
" Heb. 9:27 , Phil. 1:21-24 , 2 Cor. 5:6,8-9, 2 Tim. 4:6 "

None of the above verses have been colored red in the Red Letter Bibles, and that means Jesus never got them in a direct Converse with G-d (the father), nor to a lesser level these verses have been spoken by Jesus nor written by Jesus nor authored by Jesus, further to even a more lesser level Jesus never did dictate them to a scribe, please . Right?

People belonging to Hellenist-Pauline Christianity have been thinking about this matter for a long time and now Catholics, Protestants and Messianic Israelites have published Red Letter Bibles* to facilitate in this connection, please. Right?

In these Bibles they have colored in red letters all the stuff that is supposedly/tentatively and or that which might have been said by (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, one gets to know, please. Right?

One can, therefore, straightaway ignore/reject what is in black letters in these Bibles as it is not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and cannot provide meaningful guidance in ethical, moral and or spiritual issues of humanity, rather it could create confusion in the minds of those who want to follow Yeshua, I understand, please. Right?

Regards

The red letters are spoken by Jesus and the black letters and red letters are inspired by God.